Req ID 249881BR
Industry Job Title College Student Tech (Intern)
Required skills 1. Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret level security clearance.
2. Candidate must be enrolled in a technical degree program in an engineering or related field.
3. Candidate must possess good communication skills and be able to work with minimal day to day supervision.
4. Candidate must be well organized, take direction well, and be a self-starter willing to seek assignments and guidance.
5. Proven ability of working in a group development environment.
6. Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to comprehend and work successfully with complex computer programs.
7. Excellent interpersonal, written, and group communication skills.
Desired skills 1. Familiarity with system engineering processes, including top-down design, requirements allocation/traceability, and integrated test approach.
2. Experience in working within an integrated team environment.
3. Experince working UML/SysML modeling tools
4. Experience programming in JAVA/C++/MATLAB
5. Experience with requirements management database tools such as DOORS
6. Experience with commerical off-the-shelf (COTS) networking equipment, processors, middleware and operating system.
Job Description Weapons Control System team member. Responsibilities include:
1. Support system engineering tasks for the Aegis Weapon System programs.
2. Support system engineering studies for Weapon Control System (WCS) architecture definition, design tradeoffs and WCS software product design definition.
3. Support development of WCS system level requirements spec.
4. Support development of WCS system software products requirements specs.
5. Support generation of WCS system software products test procedures and plans and test activities.
6. Support engineering testing of WCS software products.
7. Support integration and testing of WCS system
8. Support integration and testing of Aegis Weapon System
Standard Job Description Performs assignments in technical/engineering organizations (e.g., Electronics Engineering, Software Engineering, Facilities Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering) during vacations and short-term breaks from college attendance while enrolled in an accredited degree program
Security Clearance Secret
Typical Minimums NA
LMCareers Business Unit ESS6500 MS2
Business Area Electronic Systems
Department T423:Sys Eng - Weapon Systems
Job Class Systems Engineering: Requirements Development
Job Category Co-op/Summer Intern
State New Jersey
Relocation Available No
Req Type Summer Intern