Comcast Spotlight is the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable. Our mission is to harness the enormous impact of cable television on behalf of our advertisers. Comcast Spotlight serves 90+ of the nation''s 210 designated market areas - including eight of the top 10 television markets. Comcast Spotlight''s goal is to make cable television easy to buy, and to enhance the value of spot television via new technologies.
Comcast Spotlight is headquartered in New York City with 3,200 professionals located across the country, providing companies and their agencies with local, regional, and national spot advertising opportunities. Comcast Spotlight''s Media Sales portfolio provides effective, interactive and targeted advertising applications that only spot cable can provide including: zone-based targeted :30 spot advertising, long-form video on demand, and four distinct interactive platforms: Request For Information, Telescoping, Remind-Record, and the Comcast Interactive Program Guide.
Responsible for developing, servicing and maintaining a base of local clients and/or agencies who purchases advertising space or other media services to achieve established annual sales goals within assigned sales team. Offers zone buying to allow small advertisers the opportunity to reach only the customers in their retail trading areas. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Analyzes, develops and presents market research and advertising
proposals to support client activities and products.
- Assists in developing marketing activities to generate local ad sales
- Interacts with various internal departments to carry out client
requirements such as scheduling advertising; monitor account activities,
and monitor and manage collections.
- Maintains up-to-date customer and prospect records and participate in
development of sales forecasts.
- Completes required documentation and reporting for the proper
processing of contracts, advertising schedules, sales calls, and expense
- Seeks new customers by continuously prospecting following Company''s
planned sales strategies and tactics.
- Analyzes confidential information, prepares reports, manuals, agendas
and general correspondence.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School or Equivalent
- Generally requires 1-3 years related experience
Comcast is an equal opportunity/affirmative action/drug free workplace employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, qualified disability or veteran status, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, sex or any other legally protected category.