Provides technical leadership in the network management and related network technology projects for a core network which include applications such as voice and video converged with data applications end-to-end over hybrid Ckt Switched and IP networks.
The projects include:
* network and network management architecture;
* systems engineering and requirements development for functional applications for network management;
* transport technologies,
* Operations process re-engineering including organizational alignment, operations process development,
* Operations and network management solutions,
* network security,
* COOP and network reliability,
* general analyses on network interoperability topologies, technologies, interfaces, and protocols,
* communications focused software engineering or software development.
Supports technical leadership in defining and pursuing network convergence and real-time services-related network technology research and development projects of significant complexity, requiring considerable originality and ingenuity.
Initiates and carries out independent work on specific tasks associated with the implementation of specific aspects of network technology projects.
Capable of independent original work on specific tasks associated with one or more knowledge areas identified above.
Requires specific knowledge of profession differentiated by skills, education, experience, level of complexity and degree of autonomy. Typically requires 10-15 years of related experience with a BS degree; 8 -12 years experience with an MS
Major Duties & Functions
* Work closely onsite with Prime Contractor and Government client to collect ill-defined requirements on a project that is about to initiate. The output will be a family of documents covering Architecture, Design and Engineering, Requirements and Implementation plans
* Iterate on the above defined deliverables with the client and constituents until closure is reached
* Work with a team of technical experts who participate on this effort and will also interact with client
Qualifications You Must Have
* Expertise in working with a team of SMEs to design telecommunications operations environments and develop network management requirements
* Degree in engineering , mathematics or other technical field plus 10 - 16 years of experience in networking and/or the telecommunications industry
* US Citizen – must be able to obtain a security clearance
* Strong oral and written communications skills
* Able to work in a team environment
* Willingness to travel to customer sites possibly for extended onsite engagements
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
* Familiarity with DOD standards
* Familiarity with DODAF is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applied Communication Sciences is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.