RN Clinical Disease Manager
STG International iscurrently accepting resumesfor aRN -ClinicalDisease Manager supporting the Kirtland Air Force Base in Kirtland, NM.This posting is for future openings.
* The duties include but are not limited to the following:
* Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation toclinicalcare, quality and cost effectiveness.
* Identifies and stratifies individual patients and populations of patients across the spectrum of care at risk for chronic diseases and co-morbid conditions, and evaluates the incidence of such conditions from a variety of established data bases and facility treatment team referrals.
* Facilitates identification, adoption, implementation and utilization of standardizedclinicalpractice guidelines and protocols for management of specific diseases/ conditions.
* Identifies, develops and executes appropriate disease management activities and interventions such as, but not limited to, individual and/or group patient contacts and training classes.
* Conducts a thorough evaluation of the patient’s current physical, psychosocial and health status. Documents treatment plans and the matches level of patient’s care toclinicalrisk, readiness to change and health literacy.
* Educates/trains team/facility staff on policies and procedures for utilization of guidelines, protocols and other disease management activities. Fosters collaboration and facilitates disease management activities with the patient care team
Identifies, collects, interprets and evaluates measureable outcomes of care within established time frames (i.e., quality of services, cost and cost savings, disease management and improvement). Conducts special studies as indicated based on outcomes and other Quality Management/Risk Management and Population Health programs and indicators.
* Reports data as required in coordination with the Health Care Integrator and Chief of Medical Staff. Reports disease management efforts to MTF leadership through committees such as Population Health Working Group.
* Proactively coordinates with the Case Manager and Utilization Manager as needed.
STG International, Inc. (STG) is a dynamic professional services company dedicated to providing the following leading-edge services to our government and military clientele:
Medical Staffing Service - Human Resource Services and System Solution - Management and Data Resources Consulting Services -Professionaland Administrative Services.
Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, STG was founded in 1997 to provide high quality management and technical services to federal clients. Previously certified by the U.S. Small Business Administration as a woman- owned, minority business, STG is a financially sound organization poised for continued success, as is evidence by the company’s exponential growth in recent years.
STG International offersan outstanding benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO policy. STG International is an EEO compliant organization.
Must be knowledgeable ofclinicaland administrative theories, principles, practices, and procedures underlying nursing practice; a wide range of medical disorders/conditions and disease processes across the lifespan to include pediatrics, adolescence, adults, obstetrics, and geriatrics; assessing patients, including the ability to assess/evaluate telephonically; preventive health schedules, procedures, processes and education methods; disease management and population health principles to include primary, secondary and tertiary prevention protocols; a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations; computer applications/software to include Microsoft Office programs, MS Outlook (e-mail), and internet; and problem-solving techniques to articulate medical requirements to patients, families/care givers, medical and non-medical staff in a professional and courteous way.
* Must be skilled in analyzing and defining healthcare needs of a defined population using standardized assessment tools; administrative requirements for proper documentation of patient’s condition including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care; communicating with people who may be physically or mentally ill, uncooperative, fearful, emotionally distraught, and occasionally dangerous; applying critical thinking skills and expertise in resolving complicated healthcare, social, interpersonal and financial patient situations.
* Shall be a graduate from an associate (ADN) or baccalaureate degree (BSN) program in nursing accredited by a national nursing accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education.
* Maintain an active, valid, current, and unrestricted license (with no limitations, stipulations or pending adverse actions) to practice nursing as a registerednursein any US state/jurisdiction.
* A minimum of 3 years for ADN/2 years for BSN full-time experience in management of patient populations with prevalent and chronic diseases.
* Certification in disease-management related area such as: Chronic Care Professional (CCP) by Health Sciences Institute or Certified Health Coach (CHC) by National Society of Health Coaches; or a patient education body such as: Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) by National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators or Certified Asthma Educator (AE-C) by National Asthma Educator Certification Board; -OR- can be certification eligible with 3 years for ADN or 2 years for BSN of full-time disease management experience.
Kirtland, NM, US.