RN- Pediatric Clinic
STG International iscurrently accepting resumesfor a Registered Nurse in the Pediactric Clinic supporting the Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque, NM. This posting is for future openings - no current positionsavailable.
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
* Performs comprehensive health assessments of children from birth through eighteen years of age. Comprehensive health assessment includes obtaining a complete and accurate health history from the patient and/or parent/legal guardian; performing a complete and accurate physical examination; and administering selected measures of physical, cognitive, and psychosocial development in accordance with the standardized guidelines for specific measurement tool (e.g. DDST II).
* Orders/performs selected diagnostic tests and procedures (laboratory and radiological) as indicated by the patient''s condition.
* Using the database obtained in the health assessment and diagnostic studies, interprets clinical findings and develops a complete, accurate differential diagnoses/health care problems list.
* Identifies and appropriately uses available resources in meeting the health care and health education needs of patients and families, including but not limited to consultation with the pediatrician, other physicians, and allied health professionals.
* Within the scope of practice, develops and implements health promotion, illness/injury prevention and therapeutic plans congruent with the client''s diagnosis, health care problem or need. Provides developmentally appropriate anticipatory guidance education, and counseling to patients and their families.
* Provide outpatient services for pediatric patients as scheduled by the Government.
* Performs procedures for patients as scheduled to include, but not restricted to, venopuncture and bladder catherization.
* Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to care, quality and cost effectivenessConducts immediate evaluation and management of emergency problems as they occur.
STG International, Inc. (STG) is a dynamic professional services company dedicated to providing the following leading-edge services to our government and military clientele:
Medical Staffing Service - Human Resource Services and System Solution - Management and Data Resources Consulting Services -Professionaland Administrative Services.
Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, STG was founded in 1997 to provide high quality management and technical services to federal clients. Previously certified by the U.S. Small Business Administration as a woman- owned, minority business, STG is a financially sound organization poised for continued success, as is evidence by the company’s exponential growth in recent years.
STG International offersan outstanding benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO policy. STG International is an EEO compliant organization.
Must possess knowledge of:
* Professional care theories, principles, practices, disease process and procedures.
* A variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required. Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patient conditions including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.
* Computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.
* MUST have a minimum of 12 months in a pediatric setting.
Kirtland , NM, US.