. Bachelor's degree in technical discipline corresponding to IE's business lines.
. Minimum of 20 years of experience in the pipeline/midstream industry and 15 years of project management experience on pipeline projects.
. Must have broad technical knowledge and extensive experience in execution and management of multidiscipline pipeline engineering design projects.
. Must have proven leadership ability, communications skills, interpersonal skills, and sound judgment.
. This position requires successful completion of the URS Project Management Certification program within 6 months of hire. This certification program is a series of learning modules and is available on-line through the URS Learning Management System at no financial cost to the employee.
Job Description: Do the best work of your life!
Direct, manage and supervise the department(s) responsible for project management, engineering design, scheduling, estimating, procurement and construction management of new and existing pipeline facilities. Responsibilities include business development activities, budgeting, and revenue forecasting, staffing and contracting third-party services. Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage external client relations
- Manage internal staff training and development
- Develop design and operational standards and procedures for pipeline engineering department
- Coordination of vendors and contracts for engineering design, schematics, turn-key operations
- Establish project teams and provides leadership of teams
- Implement integrated communications and business development strategies
- Develop proposals including engineering scope of work, budget and schedule.
- Establish project teams. For assigned projects, completes project initiation documents.
- Proposal development including development of engineering scope of work, budget and schedule
- Contract negotiations
- Initiation of project setup in URS Accounting System
- Planning/scheduling of resource requirements for project
- Coordination of design issues with project team and facilitation of inter-discipline problem resolution.
- Communication of project information with all team members in a timely manner.
- Response to client requests in a timely and appropriate manner
- Documentation of decisions made through all forms of communication with clients and team members.
- Management of changes to engineering scope and ensuring that written client approval is obtained on all changes before proceeding with work.
- Management of engineering budget and ensuring profitability; familiarity with Earned Value Analysis
- Ensuring timely invoicing and collection of payments from clients.
- Ensuring proper closeout of projects including transmittal of final documentation to client and URS electronic and hard copy filing.
- Solicit new clients/projects