. Minimum of 5 years of project experience working on industrial design projects for the refinery industry. Plus 10 years of relevant refining industry experience, including proven performance as a project manager on previous projects.
. Must have proven leadership ability, communications skills, interpersonal skills, and sound judgment.
. Must be able to develop strong relationships and accounts with clients.
. Must be willing to travel to other offices.
. This position requires successful completion of the URS Project Management Certification program within 6 months of hire. This certification program is a series of learning modules and is available on-line through the URS Learning Management System at no financial cost to the employee.
Job Description: Successful candidate will have broad technical knowledge and extensive experience in execution and management of multidiscipline detailed engineering design projects.
URS Representative communicating directly with client. Leads URS Project Team in the execution of the projects. Provides oversight to Lead discipline Engineers, Project Administrators, Project Controls representatives and Procurement representative assigned to the project.
Provides overall design coordination. Ensures client expectations and contract obligations are met. Provides Business Development support as needed. Follows URS Project Management, Quality Assurance and Accounting procedures.
Specific Duties include:
- Proposal development including development of engineering scope of work, budget and schedule
- Contract Negotiations
- Initiate setup of project in URS Accounting System
- Planning/Scheduling of resource requirements for project
- Coordinate design issues with team and facilitate resolution of inter-discipline problems.
- Support lead discipline engineers and other team members so they can perform their jobs efficiently.
- Respond to client requests in a timely manner and appropriate manner
- Document decisions made through all forms of communication with clients and team members.
- Manage changes to engineering scope and obtain written client approval on all changes before proceeding with work.
- Manage engineering budget and ensure profitability; familiar with Earned Value Analysis
- Ensure timely invoicing and collection of payments from clients.
- Ensure proper closeout of project including transmittal of final documentation to client and URS electronic and hard copy filing.