Job Title: Well Site Manager
Requisition Number: 006427398
Job is available in these locations: Covington, Louisiana, USA
Lafayette, Louisiana, USA
Overview External: Chevron Corporation is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with subsidiaries that conduct business across the globe. The company's success is driven by the ingenuity and commitment of approximately 62,000 employees who operate across the energy spectrum. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and other energy products and services; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power and produces geothermal energy; and develops and commercializes the energy resources of the future, including biofuels and other renewables. Chevron is based in San Ramon, California.
Drilling and Completions at Chevron:
We hold strategic positions in some of the world's largest and most productive oil and gas regions. The approximately 1,400 people in the Drilling & Completions (D&C) team work in some of the world's most challenging technical and operating environments.
The D&C Clear Leader" philosophy provides us with a passion for safety and environmental protection, leadership for the development of new and innovative drilling and completions technology, and a commitment to the education and development of our workforce.
Chevron's Gulf of Mexico Business Unit (GOM) is accepting online applications for Well Site Managers to work offshore in the Gulf of Mexico shelf through Wednesday, July 31, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
WSMs act as Chevron's on-site representative/manager for completion, workover and intervention operations. WSM manages contractors to ensure they meet or exceed operational expectations during execution of plans. The position also liaisons with Chevron''s non-rig team members to participate in planning, as appropriate, and to ensure effective communication.
The Well Site Managers are assigned to a variety of well work operations including workovers, completions and other well intervention operations.
This position will work on a rotating schedule of 14 days on and 14 days off.
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
* Manages on site day to day operations on completions, intervention and workovers in a safe and efficient manner.
* Works in a team environment to ensure the safety of all personnel on location and compliance with all applicable government regulations and Company policies.
* Manages day to day activities of rig contractor personnel and third party contractors.
* Manages logistics for personnel and equipment to and from location.
* Provides accurate daily reports to the Completion Superintendent (DS).
* Maintains accurate cost control.
* Participating in an offshore development/mentoring program for lesser experienced WSM's and Field Completions Engineers (FCE).
* Participates in all risk assessments required for the situation and assist in all Management of Change (MOC) development, review and approval. Participates in root cause analysis (RCA) for significant HES and OE (Operational Excellence) events on the rig.
* Participate in rig based and office/rig risk assessments as requested by the Lead DSM and DS.
* Participates and actively supports the capturing of Lessons Learned (LL). When requested by DS, participates in rig and office LL meetings.
* High School Diploma or Accredited GED.
* Minimum of 5 years industry experience.
* Demonstrated experience in supervision of workover and completion operations. (Military leadership experience may be considered in lieu of well site supervisory experience.)
* Strong communication skills are imperative.
* Applicants must be able to successfully complete Chevron's IADC certified Well Control training in order to achieve certification for well control. Failure to successfully pass the Company's Well Control training may lead to dismissal.
* Strong emphasis on safety of personnel and assures compliance with all applicable environmental regulations & policies.
* Candidate must be willing to work on a 14 day on, 14 day off rotational schedule
* A 2 year, or higher, technical degree
* Minimum 2 years as a Well Site Manager.
* Offshore rig experience.
* Floating rig experience
* IADC Well Control Certificate (or equivalent) is preferred, but can be provided by company for successful applicant after hiring.
* Demonstrated ability to apply new technology.
* Experience in personnel mentoring and training.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.*LI-SF1
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Education Required: High School/HS Equivalent
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Relocation Eligible: Yes