Title: Account Director
Location: New York
CondéNast is renowned for provocative, influential, award winning content-across brands, across platforms, and across continents. We're committed to attracting new talent to keep us at the top of our business. If you are looking to be part of a culture of excellence marked by journalistic integrity and superior design, we invite you to explore this career opportunity and see how your talent and aspirations might fit within CondéNast.
Condé Nast seeks a Account Director for a full-time staff position.
The Account Director generates advertising pages and revenue by identifying prospects, developing strategic plans, preparing presentations, negotiating rates and schedules, and communicating results or problems to management. The ideal candidate will have effective sales skills and superior communication skills. A proven ability to plan, develop and implement sales strategies that produce results is essential.
* Responsible for selling complete integrated packages including print, digital and tablet within the CPG, Spirits, Telecom, Jewelry & Watch categories
* Responsible for cultivating, developing and maintaining relationships with key advertising decision makers at both the agency and client level
* Maintain and improve Bon Appétit advertising lineage and SOM
* Will make a minimum of 15 outside sales calls weekly and travel within assigned territory
* Use various sales aides, visual presentations, research reports and sales support data to help effectively deliver Bon Appétit's message to clients
* Provide accurate and timely business estimates, forecasts, paperwork/administration
* Submit weekly itineraries; generate competitive analysis and share-of-market reports, etc.
* Keep relevant others informed (management, split partners, corporate) regarding account status, proposals, personnel changes, etc.
* 3-5 years minimum Sales experience and 2 years of Integrated experience
Condé Nast is home to some of the world's most celebrated media brands. In the United States, Condé Nast publishes 18 consumer magazines, four business-to-business publications, 27 websites, and more than 50 apps for mobile and tablet devices, all of which define excellence in their categories. The company also owns Fairchild Fashion Media (FFM), whose portfolio of brands serves as the leading source of news and analysis for the global fashion community. Condé Nast has won more National Magazine Awards over the past ten years than all of its competitors combined. Visit CondéNast.com and follow us on Twitter @CondeNastCorp and @CondeNastCareer.
Condé Nast is an equal opportunity workplace.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience.
Salary is also commensurate with experience.