Account Manager - Boston (10525)
Req Id 10525 - Posted 01/04/2013 - Advertising - The New York Times Sales, Inc. - Advertising/Sales - Massachusetts
Job Description Print Preview
ApplySave JobEmail Job to FriendReturn to List
Utilize consultative sales approach. Oversee assigned account relationships. Keep abreast of category/industry. Keep abreast of The New York Times products and policies. Communicate account developments. Act as a team player and contribute to team''s success. Implement directives from the Managing Director.
- Sell advertising by utilizing consultative sales methods on assigned categories and specific accounts.
- Keep abreast of competitive trends within assigned industries.
- Provide excellent customer service and build strong account relationships.
- Detailed knowledge of New York Times editions, products and sales strategies.
- Conceptualize, prepare and deliver sales presentations.
- Communicate detailed and specific account information to Sales management.
- Act as a team player and contribute to the team''s success.
College degree and/or business experience preferred. Experience in sales or marketing desirable. Good communication and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability and willingness to:
- Work in a team environment.
- Invest in a long-term commitment to team and category of business.
- Travel as business requires.
- Support other teams and company goals.
- Work under deadline constraints.
- Be cooperative with team members.
The New York Times Company, a leading global, multimedia news and information company with 2011 revenues of $2.3 billion, includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, NYTimes.com, BostonGlobe.com, Boston.com, and related properties. The Company's core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news, information and entertainment.
The New York Times Company is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. The New York Times Company is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.