Advertising Sales and Research Internship- Summer 2013
Requisition ID: 7053
Location: US-NY-New York
Career Category: ..
Division: Advertising Sales Division
Posted Date: 1/9/2013
More information about this position:
In an internship at Discovery Communications you’ll be exposed to all areas of the business through a solid foundation of learning through training and work experience. Discovery is proud to provide interns with an opportunity to gain an understanding of our mission, values, departments, employees, culture and commitment to quality programming, products and services.
For the summer 2013, Discovery’s Campus Connect program will run for a 10 week session during the following dates:
June 3, 2013 - August 9, 2013
This is a PAID, for credit internship
Do you have a passion for advertising? Do you enjoy keeping up with the latest digital trends? Think you have what it takes to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above, an internship in Advertising/AdvertisingSales at Discovery Communications is for you! We’re looking for dedicated, hardworking individuals studying business, marketing, or a related field to play key roles within our Ad Sales teams across our networks.
As an Advertising Sales Intern, some of the things you can expect include:
Candidates will be instrumental in various aspects of the television advertising sales process. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Gain exposure to the advertising industry
- Assist with research – Ratings analysis utilizing various data information
- Assist in creating presentations for clients focusing on our networks
-Prepare Marketing sales pieces for external and internal use
- Assisting with inventory management and analysis
- Assist with daily maintenance of existing accounts
-Learn how to use data, digital advertising and web metrics
-Monitor performance indicators for sales campaigns
* Must be pursuing a degree and receive college credit
* Must be an undergraduate Junior/Senior or a graduate student
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Must be able to work in the U.S.
If you do not meet the requirements stated above, please do not submit your resume.
Thanks for your interest in Discovery’s Campus Connect Internship program! We look forward to reviewing your submission.
Apply for this job:
* Apply for this position online
To edit your resume/CV before applying to this job,go back to the welcome pageand update your profile.
* Notify a friend about this positionDiscovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve.