McGraw-Hill Educationhas an opportunity for anAnalyst - Consolidations. This position is located inNew York, NY. The Analyst - Consolidations will be responsible for consolidation of financial statements, reports and other materials for senior management to monitor the performance of the business, and to complete the monthly close process.
* Perform the monthly close process for the Corporation, including consolidation of the operating results and the entry of numerous monthly adjustments to Income Statements and Balance Sheets.
* Prepare of internal Income Statements, Balance Sheets and Statements of Cash Flows, along with numerous detailed reports for use in analyzing the performance of the business. Prepare financial statements in the form necessary for external financial reporting and related supporting documentation to the financial statements.
* Detailed review/analysis of general ledger accounts as assigned and review of accounts reconciled by staff.
* Support the quarterly and annual external reviews and audit performed by the Company's independent accountants.
* 3 - 5 years experience in corporate accounting, including a thorough understanding of accounting standards generally accepted in the United States.
* Ability to exercise independent direction and judgment.
* High degree of problem solving ability and critical thinking.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to interact with senior management.
* Certification as a Public Accountant is a plus.
About the Company
McGraw-Hill Educationis a leading innovator in the development of teaching and learning solutions for the 21st century. Through a comprehensive range of traditional and digital education content and tools, McGraw-Hill Education empowers and prepares professionals and students of all ages to connect, learn and succeed in the global economy. McGraw-Hill Education has offices in 33 countries and publishes in more than 65 languages.
The mission ofMcGraw-Hill Educationis to create a smarter, better world through our people, products, and our work in our communities. We are making sure our customers get the information they need to succeed. People who work here want to make sure that happens and see the positive impact of what we do in education. If you possess the above qualifications, and are dynamic, motivated, and passionate about educational publishing, please apply through our online system.
McGraw-Hill Educationis an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email@example.com your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
NEW YORK, New York, United States