Business Title:Associate/Senior Associate, Insurance Risk
Area of Interest:Insurance Risk Management
KPMG''s Advisory Services Practice focuses on fundamental business issues - managing risk, increasing revenues, controlling costs - that organizations, across various industries, should address in order to help them flourish. We help companies to identify and manage risks inherent in business processes and technology systems that support business objectives, and provide them with the information needed to help them meet their strategic and financial goals. Services are specialized to help clients mitigate risks across an overall risk spectrum. We are currently seeking an Associate or a Senior Associate in Financial Risk Management (FRM)-Insurance Risk for our KPMG Risk Consulting practice to join us in our New York, NY office.
* Contribute to the Insurance Risk team with a focus on delivering enterprise risk and organizational management projects to insurance and reinsurance companies
* Build tools, capabilities and credentials with a primary focus on integrated performance management, strategic planning, capital management, risk appetite and tolerance, or integration of risk and compliance
* Participate in operational risk identification and management, including design, implementation, and optimization of operational risk programs, quantification and scenario analysis, reputational risk awareness and training, and insurance regulatory risk management
* Provide value to our insurance clients through the contribution to and creation of deliverables and knowledge transfer
* Develop and sustain solid relationships with client personnel and work with project leads to identify opportunities to provide additional services
Additional Responsibilities for Senior Associate:
* Supervise and mentor associates, new hires and interns on engagements
* Serve as a liaison between clients and engagement leads
* Identify and communicate technical matters to both clients and engagement leads
* One year of professional services and/or industry experience working with insurance risk
* Demonstrated knowledge in at least one of the following areas: economic capital model development and implementation, underwriting and rating, product development and portfolio management, financial or risk policy development, enterprise risk management framework, asset liability management, capital allocation, operational risk framework development, market and credit risk measurement systems, risk appetite, tolerance, or limit development and monitoring
* Knowledge of insurance value chain including strategic planning, product development, distribution and servicing, underwriting and rating, policy administration, claims, investment and risk management
* High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
Additional Qualifications for Senior Associate:
* Three years of professional services and/or industry experience working with insurance risk
* Demonstrated supervisory experience
* Well-established understanding of business dynamic and operations
* Experience with financial modeling or rating agency models preferred
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.