Title: Boat Operator
Location: US-NY-Fort Edward
Job Number: 16408
Be Part of a Global Firm Committed to a Sustainable World
Boat Operator - Fort Edward, NY
Parsons offers the stability and recognition of an industry leader coupled with an entrepreneurial spirit. We deliver landmark commercial infrastructure that supports global initiatives in energy, power, renewables, environmental, healthcare, education, communications and capital improvement programs. We are hiring colleagues with a can do" mindset. If you thrive in a high energy environment and on professional challenges, let's get started! Parsons delivers safer, healthier and more sustainable communities.
The River Crew Boat Operator will be responsible for operating the boat(s) that transport Construction Management personnel and others on the Hudson River for operations associated with the dredging project. The Boat Operator will also be responsible for maintaining the boat(s) and submitting request for supplies that are needed for the safe and efficient operation of the boat. The Boat Operator will also assist in other operations in support of the River Operations.
The River Operations Boat Operators reports to the Chief River Inspector.
* Operation of crew transport boats less than 25-feet in length and powered with outboard motors.
* Monitors boat safety and recommends boat safety practices.
* Completes daily reports that document the boats operations and names of personnel transported and daily maintenance activities.
* Since work will occur 24 hours/day six days per week, 12-hour shift work is to be expected including night time operations. Due to weather, conditions and other work delays variations in work schedule should be expected to include Sunday work.
* Candidates must have excellent boat handling experience, be able to communicate effectively with team members and others, and be capable of being responsible for everyday operations of the boat.
We provide career growth and development and competitive compensation. Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. M/W/D/V.
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $2.7 billion in 2010, is 100% owned by the Employee Stock Ownership Trust. We conquer the toughest logistical challenges and deliver design/design-build, program/construction management, professional services, and innovative alternative delivery solutions to private industrial customers worldwide as well as to federal, regional, and local government agencies. Parsons is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, environmental, and defense/security. Currently, more than 10,500 Parsons' employees are engaged in more than 4,500 projects in 50 states and 24 countries. These dedicated workers speak 72 languages collectively, and hold more than 7,900 college degrees and professional registrations. Parsons'' employees continue to go anywhere in the world, meet every technical and management challenge, and persevere until the job is done.