Title: Corporate Relationship Manager
Location: US-NY-New York-Fisk Building / 30852
Chase is a leader in the financial services industry, providing banking, mortgages, credit cards, loans, payment processing and investment services to 50 million customers - 1 out of every 6 Americans. As a division of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM), we:
* Serve 21 million households with consumer banking relationships
* Lent $17 billion to small businesses in 2011
* Are one of the nation''s largest credit card issuers, with more than 64 million credit cards in circulation
* Service 8 million mortgage and home equity loans
While we operate across a broad range of businesses, our mission at Chase is quite simple: to be the industry leader in customer service. Our employees put the firm''s resources to work every day for our customers.
Chase offers a dynamic environment and the training and support to meet your full potential. Our company is widely recognized as a great place to work, to grow and to invest for the future. Join our team.
About Chase Paymentech:
Chase Paymentech, a business unit within Card, Merchant Services and Auto Finance, is a global leader in payment processing and merchant acquiring, capable of authorizing transactions in over 130 currencies. The company's proprietary platforms provide access to a wide variety of payment methods, such as credit cards, debit cards, prepaid stored value cards and electronic check processing. With a legacy of innovation and vision in electronic payments, Chase Paymentech promoted the growth of e-commerce worldwide. The company continues to fuel the success of the Internet's largest brands, currently processing more than 50 percent of all Internet transactions. Offering secure payment solutions, improving cash-flow management, mitigating risk and accelerating funding - Chase Paymentech's consultative approach helps today's small and emerging businesses become tomorrow's industry leaders.
TheCorporate Relationship Managerretains, manages and expands major merchant relationships within the Chase Paymentech business unit of Card Services. The Corporate Relationship Manager will manage an assigned portfolio of merchant accounts while maintaining strong relationships with key decision-makers within assigned accounts and the industry in order to ensure retention of all accounts. This role will act as a transaction-processing consultant to assigned clients while making efforts to increase revenue through cross-selling company products and services. Additionally, the role will re-negotiate merchant contracts with net revenue of $35,000 .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Directs the management of all account relationships within an assigned portfolio, typically through both face-to-face and non-face to face communication channels, written and verbal. This includes negotiating contracts needed to meet retention and consulting goals. Management of assigned portfolio includes regular status reporting and ongoing maintenance of portfolio database system used to measure performance and/or results.
* Acts as transaction processing consultant for clients providing alternative processing solutions and options. Monitors and analyzes financial consequences of processing methods, and works with clients to minimize their costs in this area.
* Identifies improvements to existing systems/products, and opportunities for new products and services. Sells value-added products or services to existing accounts.
* Develops and implements educational programs designed to improve client's transaction processing performance.
* Works with internal departments to ensure a high level of support for the client. Examples include resolving software, hardware, and policy problems.
* Manages communications with lines of business partners to ensure a unified account management strategy with client base.
* Identifies and implements processes to reduce companies operating expense.
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Marketing or other related fields preferred
* In lieu of degree, may have relevant work experience; typically will have three to five years of experience within account management, sales or contract negotiations.
* A minimum of at least 5 years merchant services industry experience is required
* Knowledge of bankcard sales or support experience strongly preferred
* Knowledge of bankcard industry and procedures is preferred
* Must be proficient with MSOffice Suite
* Strong written, presentation, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to enhance revenue and market share through effective use of relationship management skills
* Strong analytical and research skills as it relates to problem solving.
* Travel 20% - 30%
* Must reside in NYC or live in a commutable distance