Director, International Taxes
McGraw-Hill Educationhas an opportunity for aDirector, International Taxes. This position will be located inNew York City.
McGraw-Hill Educationis a market leading education company with a strong focus on meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers (educators, students, parents) going forward by transforming into the education leader of the future through passion, imagination, and excellence.We are seeking a Director, International Taxes.
* Oversee the US Tax Compliance (International Operations)
* Coordinate US tax reporting for foreign operations as part of the US Consolidated Federal Income Tax Return (Form 1120)
* Manage information returns (Form5471) for approximately 70 CFC's
* Prepare/review compliance for foreign disregarded entities, US foreign tax credit and related calculations under Sec. 901, including collecting and organizing foreign tax receipts, computing foreign source income under Sec. 904, and Subpart F inclusions for the return, quarterly estimates, and extensions
* Track E&P and tax pools for Sec. 902 credit and Sec. 78 gross-up for repatriated earnings in addition to calculating Sec. 987 or loss for QBU remittances
* Support ongoing (but current) IRS examinations, participate in accounting for income taxes and disclosures required under FAS 109, assist with international/restructuring, handle US tax treaty certifications, advise on withholding tax rates, and respond to inquiries from business units.
* Undergraduate degree in accounting. Graduate degrees in accounting/finance/IT preferred.
* 5 years' experience at Big 4 accounting firms, plus 5 years' experience in private industry. Experience should include international compliance experience and tax audits.
* Knowledge of Accounting for Income Taxes (FAS 109), Uncertain Tax Positions (FIN 48), and Sec 404 of Sarbanes Oxley; Experience with tax compliance software: InSource RS or CS
* CPA preferred. The candidate is expected to remain proficient through Company-funded continuing professional education
About the Company
McGraw-Hill Higher Education (MHHE)is a part of McGraw-Hill Education. MHHE is a leading technological innovator, as well as a provider of traditional learning materials, to the higher education market. Our professional publishing operations provide essential information and expert guidance in business, education, consumer, medical, scientific, and technical fields.
McGraw-Hill Educationis a digital learning company that draws on its more than 100 years of educational expertise to offer solutions which improve learning outcomes around the world. McGraw-Hill Education is the adaptive education technology leader with the vision for creating a highly personalized learning experience that prepares students of all ages for the world that awaits. The Company has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in more than 65 languages. For additional information, visitwww.mheducation.com.
McGraw-Hill Educationis an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
New York, New York, United States