Director, State and Local Tax
McGraw-Hill Educationis a market leading education company with a strong focus on meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers (educators, students, parents) going forward by transforming into the education leader of the future through passion, imagination, and excellence. We are seeking aDirector, State and Local Tax. This position will be located in New York City.
* Oversee state and local income tax compliance, planning and audit resolutions
* Develop approaches to minimize state and local income taxes and related administrative costs
* Prepare the state effective tax rate calculations
* Provide state tax research
* Assist with state tax appeals and litigation programs
* Assist with federal return preparation
* Undergraduate degree in accounting. Graduate degrees in accounting/finance/IT preferred.
* 5 years' experience at Big 4 accounting firms plus 5 years' experience in private industry.
* Experience should include multistate and multinational compliance experience and tax audits.
* CPA preferred. The candidate is expected to remain proficient through Company-funded continuing professional education
About McGraw-Hill Education
McGraw-Hill Higher Education (MHHE)is a part of McGraw-Hill Education. MHHE is a leading technological innovator, as well as a provider of traditional learning materials, to the higher education market. Our professional publishing operations provide essential information and expert guidance in business, education, consumer, medical, scientific, and technical fields.
McGraw-Hill Educationis a digital learning company that draws on its more than 100 years of educational expertise to offer solutions which improve learning outcomes around the world. McGraw-Hill Education is the adaptive education technology leader with the vision for creating a highly personalized learning experience that prepares students of all ages for the world that awaits. The Company has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in more than 65 languages. For additional information, visitwww.mheducation.com.
McGraw-Hill Educationis an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
New York, New York, United States