Facilities Engineering Supervisor (New York, NY - 2769) ? Help
Please fill in the information below and use the navigational buttons to continue.
Warning: Using your browser''s Back and Forward buttons may produce undesirable results.
This leadership position will work closely with the Data Center Manager, Facilities Engineering team, DC Operations staff, NOC organization, and outside contractors to achieve facility uptime targets and ensure no facility related business impacting events. Recognized as the subject matter expert (SME) for all critical systems supporting utilities, equipment, preventative maintenance, and all break/fix requirements related to facility operations; this position will be responsible for the development, planning, and management of all critical equipment maintenance events utilizing the CEWA (Critical Equipment Work Authorization) program. Also recognized as the site’s “core competency” position for the facility’s building monitoring system (BMS), the Facilities Engineering Supervisor (FES) will ensure both site and enterprise-wide BMS systems are operating within expectation. The FES will coordinate as needed with both the local BMS and National BMS contract providers to ensure BMS is the first line of defense against facility related outages. This position will provide site facility management leadership and mentor junior facility engineering and DC Operations staff on FM best practices. This role will act as the site contact and liaison for all Design & Engineering projects and provide focused engineering support for the site regarding renovations, facility upgrades, retrofits, modernizations, and repairs. Will develop and maintain employee safety training program and related activities including documented life safety procedures.
* Develop CEWA, schedule events, publish calendar, and manage all critical equipment maintenance events in strict accordance with CEWA program.
* Manage and maintain building management system (BMS) for both the site and enterprise-wide systems ensuring FE/DCE staff, NOC, and management users can use the tool effectively.
* Train FE/DCE staff as needed on CEWA and BMS program and operations.
* Participate on the Facilities Engineering Team regarding site specific and enterprise-wide facility requirements. Collaborate with other facilities engineers and Design and Construction department to identify cost effective solutions.
* Update and maintain DC Operations “Twiki” page ensuring site specific and organization wide facilities related information is current and accurate.
* Investigate, determine, and recommend facility options/requirements relating to equipment installs, relocations, and repairs in a timely and proactive manner. Determine the most efficient utilization of available facilities for the operation of systems/equipment. Provide cost estimates and programming data in support of all site facility related requirements.
* Work closely with sales/clients/prospects/DCE/FE staff, translating user functional requirements into facility requirements.
* Perform in-house design/support for all maintenance & small break/fix projects.
* Support the installation, maintenance, operation and adjustments made to building controls systems, HVAC equipment, i.e. pumps, boilers, air handling units, air compressors, cooling towers, process gas systems, chillers, and chemical delivery systems. Expert/thorough knowledge of power systems, generators and UPS’s.
* Provide technical and maintenance support on processes, projects, and work with maintenance technicians on a day to day basis.
* Develop and maintain preventative maintenance schedule for all site equipment ensuring accurate technical/maintenance instructions and content. Understand and document all maintenance contracts including scope of work and length of contracts. Ensure no lapses in contracts and all PM occurs as scheduled.
* Provide root cause analysis, corrective actions, and implementation plans related to any and all equipment failures. Support management and NOC in all communications to the customer.
* Identify and lead cost reduction efforts by evaluation of utility usage, equipment, spare parts systems, general inventory supply, and equipment components. Perform energy audits and implement energy savings opportunities.
* Act as the Project Manager for certain area / facility and equipment projects.
* Must have the ability to develop effective communication plans, lead work groups, and remove potential barriers in order to achieve improved performance.
* Support negotiations and management of facility maintenance contracts.
* Act as technical guidance for identifying and resolving facilities related operational issues.
* Oversee any repairs to equipment or facility and ensure those repairs are completed on-time and within budget.
* Actively support 3rdparty consultants in site assessments, design reviews, and project implementation.
* Assist in SAS 70, vendor audits, and factory acceptance tests to as required.
* On call 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
* Oversee electrical and mechanical contractor work and operations..
* Perform maintenance on air handling units and chilled water distribution systems.
(Candidates must have 5-10 years experience with the following:
* Formal education or equivalent experience ''Five or more years experience supporting a large scale Data Center''s mechanical & electrical service, fire suppression and security/access control systems.
* Electrical Engineering Degree, Licensed Electrician, or equivalent work experience
* Static Switch Gear Operation / High voltage transfer / Evaporative Cooling Towers and Dry Coolers / UPS Systems / Diesel Generator operation - 750-3000 kW / DC Power distribution / Pre-action Fire systems.
* Working knowledge of Windows 98 / Outlook / Word / Excel and a BMS system such as Automated Logic Controls or Alerton.
* Ability to read and analyze Electrical, Mechanical, and Plumbing blue prints.
* Ability to lift 60-75 lbs.
* Core competency in Electrical and Mechanical systems and equipment.
* Experience w/ Data Center operations working with generators, UPS systems, PDUs, chillers, air handlers, and fire alarm systems is a plus.
* Must have excellent customer service skills, and be willing to have a flexible schedule.
* Excellent verbal/oral and written communication skills. Good planning and organizational skills and have the ability to motivate and work well in a team environment.
* Must have the ability to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
* Must exhibit honesty, integrity, and courtesy in all interactions
* Must possess strong work ethic in supporting customer needs, responding promptly and consistently
* Able to prioritize multiple, conflicting, urgent needs. Able to work independently with minimal direction
* Excellent Project Management Skills
* Able to maintain control in difficult situations or when responding to unreasonable requests
* Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
* Must have knowledge or willing and able to learn Computerized Maintenance Management Software, AutoCAD, Microsoft Project; able to read and interpret blue prints, equipment data sheets, bid documents, plans and specification.