FINANCIAL ASSOCIATE at an ART FINANCING COMPANY
Emigrant Bank Fine Art Finance brings together experts in art and banking to originate loans secured by art, collectibles, and rare violins. We currently seek an associate with a strong credit background (preferably credit training at a large institution) and an interest/knowledge in Fine Art. Our website iswww.emigrantbankfineart.com
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assisting bankers in the loan origination process (primarily background research, credit and financial statement analysis, underwriting, communication with clients and documentation preparation and review);
- Assisting senior art expert in appraisals, portfolio management, and provenance and comparable research
- Managing a collateral database and preparing reports for senior management; and
- Responsibilities also include contact database management, and organizing and maintaining credit files
- The ideal candidate has a can do" attitude, is discreet, eager to learn and ready to contribute to our company.
- This candidate must have experience retrieving and analyzing financial information, is analytically-minded and should be able to interpret numbers with critical thinking.
- We are looking for someone who is proactive, organized, and detail-oriented. This person should also be able to work and keep calm under pressure and can thrive in both a fast-paced and free form environment. Ultimately, the candidate must be able to think both critically and creatively (Use both left and right sides of the brain).
- This person must also have excellent systems and computer skills (Excel, Power point, Word, Access).
- A minimum of a B.A. in Finance and/or Economics required. Minor in Art or Art History is a plus.
We are a small and busy office operating in a very unique intersection of the art and finance market - and we do not have typical days. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits and a friendly work environment. We seek an immediate hire.
New York, New York, United States