Business GE Energy Management
Business Segment Energy Management
About Us GE works on things that matter.The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued?Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Industrial Solutions!
Posted Position Title GE2GE Application Engineer
Career Level Experienced
Function Segment Functional Management
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces New York
City Schenectady / Pittsburgh / Houston
Postal Code 12345-6000
Relocation Expenses Yes
Role Summary/Purpose GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
The GE2GE Application Engineer (AE) will be collocated with the Power Conversion (PC) and Thermal teams in Belfort, and provide technical and application support. They will connect with the respective IS ITO resources on specific project opportunities. This role will also connect with the appropriate EM resources as required. This is done through a consultative, solutions approach in which the AE provides designs to the PC, Thermal or the customer/EPC demonstrating technical expertise.
Essential Responsibilities In addition, in this role you will:
* Proactively promote and position GE early in project to create value and influence
* Work closely w/ PC, Thermal & end users / EPCs
* Participate in customer presentations, negotiations, conferences, and all front line marketing / sales efforts in a technical sales role. Be a catalyst in problem solving
* Lead electrical project design and scope at customer meetings maintaining a high level of business acumen
* Perform budgetary estimates of GE equipment and system performance and hardware
* Identify PC, Thermal or customer's needs (New Product Introduction) and communicate it back to the businesses and product management team
* Provide technical expertise to Sales & Commercial Operations in selecting, implementing, and developing competitive product applications to address electrical safety & efficiency, sensing, remote monitoring & controlling motor & drives equipment
* Train sales force to empower them with the latest technical knowledge and information
* Assess competitive system performance & hardware throughout entire bid process
* Collaborate as a member of the industrial vertical team to create and communicate Industrial Solutions value prop
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineer or other relevant engineering field Or (High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of field engineering experience)
* Minimum of 5 years of industry experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in engineering or systems work in marine/offshore electrical systems
* Strong background and knowledge of IS products and services
* Prior experience with customer specifications review, proposal development and contract development / negotiations
Why join one great company when you can join many? At GE, we're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We're diverse, supporting our communities in more than 100 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team.
In the energy industry, we are one of the world''s leading suppliers of power generation and energy delivery technologies in all areas of the energy industry including coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear energy as well as with renewable resources such as water, wind, solar and alternative fuels.Learn more about our Business Today!
PLEASE NOTE: Schenectady, NY; Pittsburgh, PA; and Houston, TX are the preferred locations.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE AMSTC, Aviation, Energy Management, Oil & Gas, Power & Water and Transportation, follow us on twitter:@geconnections