Title: GWS Sr DCS Proj Mgr - Retail
Location: US-NY-New York
Under minimal supervision, acts as client representative for all aspects of the assigned construction project and responsible for delivery of the same to the customer. Must work as a liaison between JCI departments and 3rdparty suppliers to ensure the incorporation and communication of all aspects effecting the successful delivery of the project. Projects will vary in size and scope and therefore the Project Manager's are expected to deliver a variety of projects at any one time. This position represents the client's best interest at all times, therefore a good understanding of our clients business issues is required. Works with our customers to develop and deliver a project which best suits their needs. Typically manages projects of high complexity, risk and exposure of greater than $10 Million in total cost to the client.
* Delivers the construction project successfully to the customer while minimizing all risk to JCI and the customer. This incorporates issues such as safety risk assessments, ensuring proper authorizations have been received from clients before expending cost, and ensuring proper co-ordination with the client's internal departments, operations organization and the client's other third party suppliers has taken place to prevent work conflicts. These are accomplished by following the JCI project process for the client account.
* Establishes the scope of project, addressing all aspects including but not limited to business requirements, performance specifications, planning, cost, interdependencies, SHE, procurement strategies and legal approval. Identifies all consultants to be appointed and appoints the same based on clearly documented scopes of work and fee schedules as well as approval from both the customer and JCI management.
* Develops the scope and initial design up to the procurement stage. Responsible for all design management of suppliers and contractors. Requires the milestones in the schedule to be tracked and met, the design completed to meet performance specifications, budget developed to meet financial requirements, and clear approval from the customer, dependant departments and third parties.
* Procures the project in accordance with the strategy outlined in the initiation phase. Undertakes contract negotiations to ensure the best value is being delivered to the customer and make the formal recommendation to the customer. Awards the contract based on the customer's approval.
* Ensures the project is implemented in accordance with the design and ensures a timely response to questions related to field conditions. Ensures all work is done in a safe manner and that customer and vendor welfare is addressed at all stages. Monitors progress against the schedule and takes corrective action where necessary. Works with all parties to ensure prompt and accurate information is provided to all parties
* Works with the customer and vendor to ensure the end product is delivered per the agreed requirements. Ensures all punch list work is completed in a timely manner and that it does not interfere with the clients ability to occupy the space. Reviews and approves payment to contractors after verification that work was completed. Ensures all O&M manuals are received and reviewed and the necessary training is received by staff on equipment. Documents and files all warranties, and as built drawings and closes out the project in accordance with JC and client requirements.
* Provides focal point for all parties interfacing on the project. Ensures all information/input is received by all parties in a timely manner and facilitates all aspects of the project.
* Provides project guidance and support to Project Managers or Junior Project Managers assigned to the project in order to deliver the work successfully.
Degree in Architecture or Engineering required. Seven plus years of post graduate experience in the fields of construction, engineering, interiors, or architecture with at least two of these in Project Management. Strong IT user skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project. Demonstrated experience with managing clients, vendors, consultants and other third parties. Strong communication, organization and persuasion skills. Demonstrated financial and budgeting acumen. Experience with Prolog Construction Project Management System preferred.