Title: Hartford Financial Products D&O Executive Underwriter- NYC
Location: United States-New York-New York
Executive Underwriter, Commercial D&O
HartfordFinancial Products (HFP)
After over 200 years in business, our mission remains the same - helping our customers create a secure and prosperous future. We serve millions of customers worldwide. We are a leading provider of investment products such as annuities, mutual funds and college savings plans. We also offer life insurance, group and employee benefits, automobile and homeowners insurance, and business insurance.
The Executive Underwriter will serve as a key member of Hartford Financial Products (HFP) local regional, reporting directly to the Regional Manager for Commercial D&O. The Commercial Group focuses on public companies of all sizes, as well as large private companies. Products include primary and excess Directors & Officers Liability, Side A Directors & Officers Liability, primary and excess Fiduciary Liability, and primary and excess Employment Practices Liability.
The Executive Underwriter will be responsible for the assigned book management for the region as follows:
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal business partners and external brokers and clients. Negotiate appropriate policy terms and conditions with brokers.
* Effective cross marketing and communication with other areas of The Hartford's P&C operations.
* Supporting and assisting in driving the execution of strategy and achieving financial goals.
* Responsible for new business growth by creating a high volume of new business submissions through interaction with your peers and broker partners.
* Adhere to The Hartford's core underwriting philosophy and protect profitability, via superior risk selection and balance to overall regional portfolio.
* Some travel required.
* BS/BA required
* Minimum 3 years experience.
* In-depth knowledge of public company D&O, EPL and Fiduciary.
* A confident, strategic thinker who can quickly grasp complex issues
* He/she must possess a polished and articulate demeanor and presentation projecting self confidence and poise. He/she will embody business values and integrity beyond reproach, viewed as a highly trustworthy business partner.
* Candidates will be highly motivated and drive to achieve success.
* Strong communications, negotiation and presentation skills
WHY JOIN THE HARTFORD?
The Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. (NYSE: HIG) is a leading provider of insurance and wealth management services for millions of consumers and businesses worldwide. The Hartford is consistently recognized for its superior service, its sustainability efforts and as one of the world''s most ethical companies. In 2011, The Hartford reported revenues of $21.9 billion. More information on the company and its financial performance is available at
The Hartford believes people should live with financial confidence. The Hartford exists to provide the confidence and peace of mind that helps people achieve their financial goals. We enable this confidence though the breadth of our product portfolio and relationships and the depth of our knowledge.
The Hartford's biggest competitive advantage is our employees. We hire a broad range of talented teammates from diverse backgrounds and cultures. We look for teammates who share ourcore valuesand bring passion to their jobs. Our values are projected in the way we interact with customers and among our teams.
We are an innovative leader in the industry and have been recognized by:
· Ethisphere Instituteas One of the "World''s Most Ethical Companies" for five consecutive years
· GI Jobsas a 2012 Top 100 Military Friendly Employer
· Military Times Edgeas a 2011 Best for Vets" Employer
· Carbon Disclosure Project's Carbon Disclosure Leadership Indexfor The Hartford's approach to climate change disclosure for four consecutive years (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
· NewsweekGreen Rankings - No. 12 on the list of U.S. Companies (2011)
· PhoenixBusiness Journalas a Best Place to Work (2011)
· The Chicago Tribuneas a Top Workplace (2011)
· The San Antonio Express Newsas a Top Workplace (2011)
· AtlantaJournal-Constitutionas a Top Workplace(2011)
· IndianapolisStaras a Top Workplace(2011)
· The Hartford Courantand FOXCT as a Top Workplace(2011)
· OKCBiz as a Best Place to Work(2011)
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At The Hartford, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan and more.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
The Hartford is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace.
Committed to Building Inclusion and Leveraging Diversity
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **