IT Manager II- Charles River Implementation (Job Number: 1210248)
It is the goal of the Charles River Center of Excellence (CoE) to provide more efficient and consistent implementations and upgrades of the Charles River Investment Management System (CRIMS) to yield increased reliability, supportability, maintainability, and performance of the system while reducing the cost and time-to-market of the system and its features.
The implementation coordinator in the Charles River Center of Excellence (CoE), will be responsible to implement and manage multiple large projects around the Charles River Investment Management System (CRIMS) while coordinating work with various internal and external teams. Additionally, the candidate will support the general infrastructure and contribute to the general offering that the Charles River CoE can provide to its clients.
Candidate should be results-oriented, team player and self motivator with a strong initiative to deliver.
* Manage/coordinate and implement new instances as well as upgrades to existing instances of the Charles River Investment Management System for various internal Asset Management Companies
* Coordinate the efforts of various departments/groups to complete tasks
* Work directly with the business users to gather, negotiate, and document business requirements for implementations, upgrades, and enhancements.
* Troubleshoot and problem solve to resolve bugs and issues reported by the business users
* Bridge the gap between the business and technology to effectively design and customize a system that will meet or exceed the expectations of the business users
* Analyze current business and operational processes and contribute towards process improvements and process re-engineering to further the goal of the CoE
* Create and document high level design, detailed design, and other functional/technical specifications
* Design and develop interfaces to and from the Charles River IMS to accounting systems, post trade communications systems, etc.
* Design and develop other customizations to the system to support the business workflows
* Work with various technology teams including server support, networking, access control, etc. to ensure all systems remain stable and available
* Manage changes to the environment
* Participate in on-call rotation resolving production issues off hours. Some weekend work required
The job holder manages a medium sized group of information technology professionals. This includes all aspects of human resources such as hiring, firing, career development, performance objectives and performance reviews. S/he must maintain sufficient technical knowledge to effectively manage the IT professionals for which s/he is responsible. S/he will influence the success of projects within his/her domain by providing needed resources and/or recommending alternatives. S/he will oversee key strategic projects and/or projects that cross areas of responsibility. S/he cultivates the client relationship by developing an in-depth understanding of their needs and ensuring that the group''s efforts are directed towards meeting the objectives of the client. S/he is responsible for managing the operating plan and expenses for this group.
Minimum 8 years experience required. Must have in-depth knowledge of the company''s total computing environment including major roles, interdependencies, and organizational responsibilities. S/he will have a working knowledge on the subject matter for which their group is responsible. S/he must be comfortable interacting with team members, Senior IT Management, and Senior Business Management and skilled in delegation. S/he must be adept at building and motivating technical teams and possess ability to build strategic relationships and influence people at all levels of the organization. S/he must be able to track multiple projects simultaneously. B.S. or B.A. or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree or certification beneficial.
* Minimum 5 years in related field
* Business analytics experience in a securities related financial industry firm
* Experience in trading systems & interfaces with accounting and custody systems. Charles River experience is a definite plus
* Experience managing large projects
* Experience in dealing as a client-facing relationship manager is a must
* Ability to face off with senior managers in technology as well as the Asset Management companies
* Strong ability to appropriately prioritize work and manage one''s time
* Quick and eager to continually learn and grow
* Demonstrates good judgment and strong oral/written communication skills
* Experience with Unix, shell scripting, Crystal Reports, XML, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle
* A strong understanding of the technical infrastructure that supports the Charles River installations. Includes WAN/Shared server environments , firewalls, DNS, HA/DR
* Experience troubleshooting time critical applications with global clients
* Client focused, detail oriented and results driven
* Ability to work independently and be a team contributor
Primary Location:United States-USA-NY-New York
: United States-USA-PA-Pittsburgh, United States-USA-MA-Boston
Organization:Global Info Tech Division-HR06005