Requisition Number M11-0397
Title Infant/Toddler Teacher with Great Career Opportunities
City New York
Description A Job Worth Every Tiny Smile and Snuggle That Awaits You
Join Bright Horizons, one of FORTUNE magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For", as an infant teacher to become a primary caregiver to young children who thrive under your gentle guidance and nurturing care as you help them develop, learn, and grow.
Please note you will need to scroll down and clickApply On-lineto apply for this position.
As an infant teacher, you enjoy the special privilege of accompanying parents and children on their journey through the many developmental milestones and moments of discovery that occur in this first year of life. From rolling over and sitting up to first steps and first friendships, children develop confidence from your patient, loving, and enthusiastic nature. Your knowledge and passion for working with young children ensures that each child develops a sense of confidence within a caring, enriched learning environment.
The Bright Horizons community provides all the support you need to succeed and grow in your own career. At Bright Horizons, we recognize the talents of dedicated, creative, and hardworking people who care about children, families, and each other.
As aBright Horizons infant teacher, you will:
* Help infants develop their social, cognitive, emotional, and physical skills
* Gently guide infants through one-on-one moments of basic care needs, play, and communication
* Provide sensory-rich experiences and a language-rich atmosphere
* Form strong partnerships with families to help them develop a sense of security and comfort
* Prepare warm and stimulating environments abundant with different sights, sounds, textures, and sensations
* Enjoy the highest quality teaching resources and classroom materials
* Follow all safety and health rules while supervising all children at all times
* Keep the environment and equipment safe, clean, and attractive
* Support organizational mission, philosophies, values, goals, and policies to parents/guardians and coworkers
* Participate actively in the teaching team through communication, collaboration, and curriculum planning
When you join the Bright Horizons family, you become part of a culture that values unique differences and celebrates the diversity of our children, families, and employees. Our commitment to children extends beyond our centers through our Bright Horizons Foundation, a nonprofit organization committed to improving the quality of life for at-risk children and our Going Green efforts to raise social responsibility awareness about environmental issues and inspire earth-friendly activities.
Our extensive benefits package includes:
* Competitive salaries
* Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* 401k Plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* CDA training program
* Ongoing training through Bright Horizons University - our own online university
* Career path
* Same sex domestic partner benefits
* Auto and home insurance discounts
* Real Estate Advantage Program
* Commuter benefits
* Online shopping discounts
* Cell phone discounts
* And more!
Key Words: teachers, teacher, education, school, infant, toddler, pre-k, preschool, pre-kindergarten, center director, child care, day care, daycare, childcare, children, child, teach, early childhood, early education, early care
* Infant Teacher - AA or above in Early Childhood Education, or currently working on a study plan program
* Toddler Teacher - BA or above in Early Childhood Education or currently enrolled in a study plan program
* Toddler Teacher - New York State Teaching Certification in B-2 or N-6, or currently enrolled in a study plan program
* Demonstrated knowledge of developmentally appropriate curriculum practice
* Demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities in all levels of direct care
* Strong Communication skills
* Familiarity with NAEYC accreditation standards
* Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks
* Demonstrated sensitivity and responsiveness to needs of parents, faculty and Client