Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center is a world renowned organization dedicated to the progressive control and cure of cancer through programs of patient care, research, and education.
The Insurance Specialist Group Leader will assist the Insurance Supervisor in the team''s daily operations to ensure timely and accurate completion of assignments and department responsibilities and goals. You will assume responsibility for team''s daily operations in the absence of the Supervisor and assist with training and orientation of new employees.
* Coordinate the clerical work of the department; prioritizes assignments across responsibilities to ensure all work is completed efficiently and effectively
* Provide additional development and training to staff; act as an expert resource to staff by answering questions and mentoring staff towards achieving team goals
* Adhere to Center/departmental guidelines regarding administration issues; perform administrative duties as directed by management (eg, timesheets)
* Bachelor''s degree preferred
* Three to four (3-4) years of related experience in a service/leadership role; prior experience in healthcare billing is strongly preferred
* Familiarity with automated physician or related billing systems strongly preferred.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as pleasant telephone, manner.
* Ability to work expeditiously and with a minimum of error.
* Must be a team player who is flexible, cooperative and willing to work toward group objectives. Must be well organized, detail oriented and have excellent follow-up skills.
* Must be able to work under pressure while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
MSKCC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We offer an excellent salary and comprehensive benefits, including tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.mskcc.org/jobs and apply on-line.