Business Title:Manager, Transactional Tax Systems
Area of Interest:Sales & Use Tax
When you choose KPMG as the place to build your career in tax, you can really add value. KPMG''s tax partners and professionals pride themselves on understanding our clients'' business strategy and needs, providing a broad range of federal, state, local and international tax services to meet those needs. We are currently seeking a Manager to join our State and Local Tax (SALT) practice in our New York City office.
* Provide excellent client facing service to multi-national companies in relation to their global indirect tax technology needs and requirements, including tax systems implementation, transaction analysis, supply chain analysis, business requirements analysis, and business transformation
* Assist in preparing responses to client proposal request
* Support external vendor relationships with key business partner
* Prepare and deliver Sales and Use Tax (SUT) and/or Value Added Tax (VAT) Technology training presentations aimed at external and internal audience
* Support practice marketing and business development efforts
* Assist Partners and Senior Managers in engagement administration, engagement management and client billing and in identifying and developing new and existing client relationships and internal relationships
* Five years of experience with SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Great Plains and similar ERP applications, specifically with the tax, AP/PO, A/R and/or G/L module
* Five years experience in implementing major indirect tax technology solutions such as Sabrix, Vertex, ADP Taxware and similar for North American and/or global organizations
* Bachelor''s degree in Business, Accounting, or a related course of study from an accredited college/university
* CPA, J.D., LL.M in Taxation, CMI, PMP, MCSD (Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer), TCERT (Thomson Certified Implementer) or MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional) (Please note that any candidate hired by KPMG into this position that doesn''t currently possess one of the aforementioned credentials/designations will be required to secure one within one year from the commencement of employment)
* Understanding of key indirect tax processes and data drivers while possessing a broad industry background including retail, financial services, manufacturing and telecommunications
* Certified as a sales and use and/or global indirect tax implementation professional from various vendors and/or other acceptable qualifications and designations including PMI certification; proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, or process mapping software
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.