Job Title Media Relations Publicist
Business Segment News & Information
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. Comcast Corporation owns a controlling 51% interest in NBCUniversal, with GE holding a 49% stake.
It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal''s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Career Level Experienced
City New York
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces New York
Country United States
* Write and distribute breaking news press releases
* Handle announcements, press strategy, media inquiries, photography and events for assigned day parts, shows, and talent
* Work closely with NBCU Media Village, NBCU Corporate, MSNBC digital, and MSNBC marketing to maintain accurate program listings
* Assist with network-wide events and social media initiatives
* Conduct search of online databases and newspapers for all press clippings related to MSNBC and competition
* Minimum 2-3 years working in public relations (agency, corporate, television) and/or broadcast news
* Must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
* Must be a strong writer with a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, social media and have basic computer skills.
* Willingness to work overtime and on weekends with short notice.
* Must be willing to work in NYC.
* Must be willing to take drug test and submit to a background investigation.
* Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
* Must be 18 years or older.