Title: NYC Fixed Income - Sr. Mortgage Loan Originator, Commercial Real Estate Debt Group
Location: US-NY-New York-270 Park Avenue / 02317
· Relationship manager responsible for all aspects of real estate debt investment:
· Responsibility for commercial whole loan origination and transaction management - underwriting, structuring, negotiating, documenting and closing.
· Flexibility to explore and develop new sources of business for JPMAM with untapped borrowers, mortgage brokers and co-investment partners.
· Capitalize on changing market dynamics. Identify, articulate and execute opportunities for real estate related, fixed income investments as they arise.
· A minimum of 10 years experience with an institutional real estate investor or lender with responsibility or real estate origination and underwriting. Ideal candidate will also have significant experience with managing complex, large loans and/or subordinate financing including structuring, negotiation, documentation and closing.
· Extensive knowledge of fundamental real estate cash flow and valuation analysis for office, industrial, retail and multifamily sectors.
· Ability to analyze real estate markets and sub-markets and the positioning of the subject property within them.
· Strong analytical skills. Ability to model complex financial structures. Proficiency in Argus property/portfolio modeling software.
· Strong negotiating skills; ability to maintain a strong position without creating rancor and to foster a strong relationship without compromising important issues.
· Ability to review and analyze third party reports including engineering, environmental and appraisal reports.
· Experience should include exposure to the rating agencies and CMBS and REIT markets but does not require extensive investment experience
· Highly organized, diligent and detail oriented.
· Strong project management skills to manage a large volume of workflow.
· Strong interpersonal skills to establish and manage relationships with borrowers, mortgage bankers, participating lenders and team members.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Formal credit training is desired, but not requisite.
· Experience must demonstrate that the candidate has all of the skills listed above.
Job: Portfolio/Fund Management