Protivitiis a global consulting firm that helps companies solve problems in finance, technology, operations, governance, risk and internal audit. Through our network of more than 70 offices in over 20 countries, we have served more than 35 percent of FORTUNEŽ 1000 and Global 500 companies. We also work with smaller, growing companies, including those looking to go public, as well as with government agencies.
Protiviti's professionals help our clients develop, implement and maintain effective regulatory compliance programs that maximize the benefits of their investment and protect their reputations.
Today''s organizations face unprecedented challenges in managing risks and complying with laws, regulations and internal policies in a cost-effective manner. The costs of regulatory compliance are rising globally and by some estimates, U.S. companies spend more than $1 trillion dollars annually. Yet, the cost of noncompliance can be the loss of an entire enterprise.
Our professionals work with companies to identify, assess, and manage risks related to compliance. We take a holistic view of the organization when creating compliance solutions. Our experts have worked with clients around the world to align compliance and business strategy, integrate multiple compliance initiatives, improve technology infrastructure, implement technology software and controls, and create effective communication programs
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
* Conducting compliance reviews, either under a consulting arrangement or in support of internal audit.
* Assisting clients with the development of compliance-related policies and procedures.
* Providing assistance in a consulting capacity to clients in resolving regulatory enforcement actions or remediating known compliance deficiencies.
General Knowledge & Skills
* Deep knowledge of bank and/or credit-related regulatory requirements, specifically related to consumer compliance regulations (e.g., Federal Reserve regulations, Fair Lending, Privacy, etc.), and industry best practices" for compliance programs in larger banking or consumer lending organizations.
* Familiarity with third party software available to support compliance programs.
* Prior project management and supervisory skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and train others on regulatory requirements.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Must be able to handle highly confidential information in a strictly professional manner.
* Must be able to maintain professional demeanor in times of high stress.
Technical Knowledge & Skills
* Solid knowledge of process reengineering and methodologies, including flowcharting.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications.
Education & Professional Credentials
* Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline (e.g. Accounting/Finance or Economics) required.
* 5+ years in related field, preferably in banking or consumer lending compliance.
* Experience as an examiner with a bank regulatory agency (ideally the Federal Reserve or Office of the Comptroller of the Currency preferred.
* Big 4" or prior consulting experience preferred.
Ability to Travel
* Travel throughout the month frequently required based on client requests/commitments.
Protiviti is not licensed or registered as a public accounting firm and does not issue opinions on financial statements or offer attestation services.
Job Number1235- Posted01/03/2013-Protiviti-Experienced-United States-NY-New York