Requisition Number 12-1063
Post Date 1/7/2013
Title Pharmacy Data Analyst
City New York
Location NY - Lower Manhattan
Job Title: Pharmacy Data Analyst
Reports To: Senior Business Analyst
The Pharmacy Data Analyst is responsible for overseeing reporting and documentation of our PBM in order to identify cost-savings trends and patterns. This includes, but is not limited to: research, analysis, reporting of pharmacy claims utilization, cost containment and other key operational indicators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Mines and analyzes data from appropriate systems.
· Seeks out and adopts best practices in data reporting. Documents policies and procedures; handles reporting, project specifications, job aids and workflows within the department. Presents data and provides feedback as needed.
· Partners with Pharmacy Managers, Supervisors and Senior Analysts to identify and analyze customers needs/requests. Determines and implements deliverables as well as determines the resources(s) needed to meet these deliverables.
· Acts as pharmacy data Subject Matter Expert (SME), especially as relates to PBM systems and applications.
· Communicates with clients on electronic data interfaces to ensure timely and accurate data exchanges. May also serve as liaison with IT vendor.
Required: Bachelor's degree.
Licenses, certificates, etc.
Preferred: Base SAS Certification.
Work Related Skills and Experience:
Microsoft Excel, Access, database management and coding, SAS and SQL skills are required.
· A minimum of three years of data reporting experience within a health insurance or pharmacy benefits management environment.
· This must include knowledge of Medicare Part D from a pharmacy benefits perspective in order to create reports for PBM oversight.
Analysis and reporting experience for Medicaid pharmacy benefits a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, this employee will be reaching, bending, overhead lifting, balancing, standing and traveling. This employee will also be frequently walking and constantly sitting and keying.
This employee will constantly be in an indoor environment.
· Ability to understand and interpret pharmacy data through the completion of complex analytical reports a must.
· Excellent presentation and communication skills along with ability to work both independently and as a part of a team essential.
Healthfirst offers a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
· Basic Life and Accident Insurance
· Supplemental Life insurance
· Dependent Life Insurance
· Short-Term Disability
· Buy-Up Short Term Disability
· Long-Term Disability
· Flexible Reimbursement Accounts
· Healthfirst 401(k) Plan
· Employee Assistance Plan
· Commuter Savings Program
· Eligibility for Annual Bonuses
· Generous Paid Time Off program
· Paid Candidate Referral Program
Conditions of Employment: Employee must pass pre-employment screening which includes a background check and drug testing. Employee must present documentation to verify minimum of high school educational requirement.
Disclaimer: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.