Requisition/Vacancy No. 80036BR
Position Title Project Engineer III, Engineering
Job Category Engineering - Civil
Business Line Transportation
Office Region USA - Northeast
Office Location US - New York, NY
Education Required Bachelors
About the Business Line Transportation
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
Vertical Transportation Project Engineer
TheProject Engineerwill plan and collaborate with key clients and internal multi-disciplinary teams on Vertical Transportation including Elevators, Escalators, Moving Walkways, Wheel Chair Lifts, Automated Guided Vehicles, Robotics and Integrated Logistics Systems for design and construction phase services, in the United States and internationally. This professional will manage and oversee a variety of projects under Transit & Rail, Aviation, Buildings + Places, and Energy, and will have knowledge and experience across the disciplines such as Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, Plumbing, Fire Protection, Security and Communications.
· Duties and Responsibilities: 15 years of experience in managing and providing oversight on various vertical transportation projects, in both construction and design phases, to ensure work is completed according to the contract drawings and specifications.
· Provides strategic planning and delivery to balance the need of every project's timing and budget.
· Strong ability to maintain and balance collaboration efficiently with multi-disciplinary teams within each project to meet deadlines and ensure quality work.
· Maintains client relationships and regular client contact to solicit feedback on project performance.
· Ability to manage and support projects simultaneously
· Strong communication skills
· Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Have experience of managing small technical teams within a competitive business environment
· Experience working with Public and Private sector clients.
· Advanced knowledge of project design and construction documentation and construction materials.
· Proficient in utilizing design softwareincluding, CADD, BIM, Revit, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Knowledge of the Codes, References and Standards applicable to Vertical Transportation projects in various cities in the United States and overseas.
· Bachelors Degree in Architecture or Engineering required.
· PE or RA license preferred.
What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.