Public Relations/ Communications Internship- Summer 2013
Requisition ID: 7066
Location: US-NY-New York
Career Category: ..
Division: Corporate Communications Division
Posted Date: 1/8/2013
More information about this position:
In an internship at Discovery Communications you’ll be exposed to all areas of the business through a solid foundation of learning through training and work experience. Discovery is proud to provide interns with an opportunity to gain an understanding of our mission, values, departments, employees, culture and commitment to quality programming, products and services.
For the summer 2013, Discovery’s Campus Connect program will run for a 10 week session during the following dates:
June 3, 2013 - August 9, 2013
This is a PAID, for credit internship
Are you a media savvy, go-getting, problem solver with a creative mindset? Do you like to see things through from start to finish using your winning communication skills? Think you have what it takes to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above, acommunications internshipat Discovery Communications is for you! We’re looking for people with enthusiastic personalities, articulate written and verbal communication skills and a detail-oriented mentality, to play key roles within our various communications teams across our corporate operations and networks.
As a communications intern, some of the things you can expect to learn include:
* Creation of media lists
* Media monitoring
* Crafting and editing press clips
* Distribution of media materials
* Research for new media initiatives
* Opportunity to learn publicity systems
* Management of special events
* Must be pursuing a degree and receive college credit
* Must be an undergraduate Junior/Senior or a graduate student
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Must be able to work in the U.S.
If you do not meet the requirements stated above, please do not submit your resume.
Thanks for your interest in Discovery’s Campus Connect Internship program! We look forward to reviewing your submission.
Apply for this job:
* Apply for this position online
To edit your resume/CV before applying to this job,go back to the welcome pageand update your profile.
* Notify a friend about this positionDiscovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve.