Requisition Number 12-0954
Post Date 11/21/2012
Title RN - Onsite Case Manager - Spanish
City New York
Location NY - New York City
Job Title: RN Onsite Case Mgr - Spanish - St. Barnabas Hospital
Department: Medical Management
Reports To: Manager ICM
The bilingual English - Spanish RN Onsite Case Manager at St. Barnabas Hospital assists with the development, organization, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities related to the outcome management of members'' healthcare needs at an assigned member hospital. Functions as a clinical resource/educator with the hospital''s multi-disciplinary healthcare team in order to maximize quality of patient care, and effectively manage length of stay and utilization of resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Performs onsite health assessments to identify areas of concern and need. Ensures that inpatient, outpatient, psychosocial and medical needs of Healthfirst''s members are addressed and carried out via appropriate education and resources available at their site. Participates in QIP, CCIP, DM, and quality initiative programs.
· Troubleshoots ''high utilizer'' members to address barriers of care as well as discourage use of Emergency Room and acute inpatient stays. Encourages use of PCP and Out-Patient Clinics to maintain their health and improve wellness.
· Encourages members to see their PCP; when they have, reviews PCP''s findings with them to ensure they understand treatments and goals in their plan of care.
· Communicates with hospital staff (including attending practitioners, utilization review, social workers) to implement appropriate discharge planning for inpatient members and coordinates care accordingly.
· Interacts with hospital''s Director of Managed Care in order to encourage providers to follow current treatment and disease guidelines. Educates hospital providers about Healthfirst''s entitlements and benefits.
· Documents all interventions with members, providers, assigned hospital staff into Healthfirst''s MIS system in accordance with established documentation standards to insure integrity of member services.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Assists in identifying opportunities for and facilitating alternative care options based on member needs and assessments.
Required: Associate's degree or Nursing Diploma and 10+ years of related nursing/case management experience will also be considered.
Required licenses, certificates, etc.
Required: State RN License.
Preferred: Certified Case Manager.
Work Related Skills and Experience:
· Complete fluency in reading, writing, and speaking in Spanish is required.
· Intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook skills are required. Basic PowerPoint and CCMS EMR skills are also required.
A minimum of three years of managed care or clinical nursing experience in a nursing home, visiting nurse agency, home-based care, HMO organization or hospital dealing with frail and/or elderly populations. This must include knowledge of the concepts and philosophy of case management, utilization review regulations, and relevant medical standards of practice.
· Good interpersonal and assessment skills.
· Demonstrated ability to educate and coordinate resources on an ongoing basis.
Managed care experience strongly preferred.
While performing the occasionally reaching, bending, walking, standing, driving and traveling. This employee will also be frequently pushing/pulling and constantly sitting and keying.
This employee will constantly be in an indoor environment.
Prior to assignment to a specific hospital, must be able to train for approximately 8 weeks at our Corporate Headquarters in downtown Manhattan. If the Onsite Facility is closed or for coverage need, the Onsite Case Manager can be assigned to another facility with at minimum 1 business day notice. The Onsite will work from home only when permission has been given by AVP MM.
Healthfirst offers a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
· Basic Life and Accident Insurance
· Supplemental Life insurance
· Dependent Life Insurance
· Short-Term Disability
· Buy-Up Short Term Disability
· Long-Term Disability
· Flexible Reimbursement Accounts
· Healthfirst 401(k) Plan
· Employee Assistance Plan
· Commuter Savings Program
· Eligibility for Annual Bonuses
· Generous Paid Time Off program
· Paid Candidate Referral Program
Conditions of Employment: Employee must pass pre-employment screening which includes a background check and drug testing. Employee must present documentation to verify minimum of high school educational requirement.
Disclaimer: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.