SAP BI Developer (Permanent Employee)
Location: NY-New York
Barnes & Noble is looking for people with vision and energy to help us in our quest to change the future of reading. We are the world's largest bookseller and one of the world's fastest growing digital media and consumer technology companies with annual revenues near $7 billion.
We are headquartered in New York City with our NOOK design and development offices located in Palo Alto, California. In the last several years we have transformed ourselves to the only content retailer with a fully operational multi-channel strategy.
Our businesses include the nation's highest rated and most heavily trafficked specialty retail stores, digital content and hardware sales through our exploding NOOK brand, college bookstores, and online retailing through BN.com.
We are investing in all of our business initiatives, so the opportunities to make an impact have never been greater.
The bookselling business has evolved, and so have we. We are Barnes & Noble.com, the digital arm of Barnes & Noble, Inc. We developed BN.com, a leading eCommerce destination. We created and launched NOOK(tm) and NOOK Color(tm), along with a host of other products (NOOK Study(tm) for textbooks, PubIt!(tm) self-publishing platform, and eReader mobile applications for iPhone(r), iPad(tm) and Android(tm) devices). Our award-winning products bring value and offer convenience to our dedicated and growing customer base.
The people behind the creation of these products are a talented and dedicated team of elite engineers. We work in a collaborative environment that fosters and rewards innovation. We actually drive the business forward by solving real-world problems and innovate to the delight of our millions of customers. We don't merely support our business; as engineers, we set the direction.
We're committed to investing in our technology initiatives, so the ability to make an impact has never been greater.
* Develop change implementation strategy.
* Develop documentation standards e.g. change request forms, functional/technical specification documents, naming conventions, etc.
* Day to day support - e.g. responding to data load failures, establishing alerting mechanisms, CCB participation, end user support (BEx), designing/performing/testing changes, working on defects.
* Develop archiving/data retention strategy.
* System Optimization - data model review, find ways to improve query performance as well as that of data loads.
* Perform prototyping/evaluation of new functionalities.
* Participate in requirements gathering for new reporting requests.
* Excellent InfoProvider design skills, in order to provide most efficient infrastructure for Query building.
* Extensive exposure to FI DataSources and BW modeling.
* Exposure to BPC a big plus.
* Hands on experience and sufficient knowledge of LO Data Extraction, specifically in Purchasing, Sales, Delivery and Billing.
* Brings interesting ideas and approaches to data load and ETL optimization through Process Chain configuration and dependencies, extraction techniques and efficient data merging/look-ups.
* ABAP development experience greatly preferred, especially in an Object Oriented environment.
* Comfortable using debugging tools, both of Transformation generated programs via DTPs and back-end extraction calls.
* Ability to write and conduct unit testing.
* Comfortable documenting processes at a technical level and good at illustrating business logic implementation in flow diagrams and other pictorials.
* Thrives in a small team work environment.
* Propose interesting ideas to automate R/3 reconciliation and validation a plus.
* Hands-on experience with BEx Query Designer and NetWeaver Portal. Good handle on optimization techniques to improve query performance.
* Ability to create custom Generic DataSources; in particular, those involving complex delta support via Function Module extraction.
* DB Connect and other non-SAP source system method of extraction beneficial.
* Understanding of various distributions methods in Broadcasting and familiarity with caching concepts.
* Familiar with BI 7.0 Analysis Authorization Concept.
Nice to have experience
BW for CRM
BOBJ Data Services
Barnesandnoble.com LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V