SAP FI/CO Specialist (Permanent Employee)
Location: NY-New York
Barnes & Noble is looking for people with vision and energy to help us in our quest to change the future of reading. We are the world's largest bookseller and one of the world's fastest growing digital media and consumer technology companies with annual revenues near $7 billion.
We are headquartered in New York City with our NOOK design and development offices located in Palo Alto, California. In the last several years we have transformed ourselves to the only content retailer with a fully operational multi-channel strategy.
Our businesses include the nation's highest rated and most heavily trafficked specialty retail stores, digital content and hardware sales through our exploding NOOK(tm) brand, college bookstores, and online retailing through BN.com.
We are investing in all of our business initiatives, so the opportunities to make an impact have never been greater.
Our SAP team is looking for an additional Senior SAP FI/CO Specialist.
* Provide functional and technical support for the SAP FI/CO modules and heavy emphasis on the cross functional SD and MM application modules. In addition, support and the maintenance of SAP design and configuration by resolving defects, solving end user problems, answering module-related questions, and testing/validating functionality.
* Help organize and lead workshops to gather and validate business requirements.
* Configuration and documentation of new design.
* Build and execute unit testing, integration and regression testing (build test cases, perform tests, and make changes to configuration or processes based on results).
* Participate in and help drive functional and technical design specifications.
* Work closely with business members of Finance team to facilitate effective development.
* Work with users to coordinate information exchange for support of systems changes.
* Develop and administer user support documentation and provide training and coaching to end-users.
* Document and control all changes made to productions systems via change control process.
* Provide SAP demonstrations to end users to validate design.
* 4+ years of experience in the FI area with support of business application systems including analysis, functional and technical design testing. Practical experience in implementing using and supporting Finance process is required. End-to-end implementation of at least one successful SAP FI/CO module.
* Strong functional knowledge of Payment Cards and Credit Card settlements.
* Cross-functional business experience in AR and Cash application is a must.
* Knowledge of entire SAP landscape for supported processes.
* Understanding and demonstrated proficiency of systems analysis tools and methodologies. ASAP methodology preferred.
* Strong communication skills (verbal and written). Strong presentation skills with experience conducting workshops to facilitate continuous improvement in the implemented design.
* End-to-end implementation of two successful SAP FI/CO, SD or MM related projects in a retail environment or Internet Commerce preferred.
* ABAP and IS Retail a plus
* Experience integrating with BW is a plus.
* BA/BS, or equivalent experience, required.
Barnesandnoble.com LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V