Benefitfocusis the leader in software and services for the healthcare benefits market by providing employers, insurance carriers and consumers a single Web-based platform for shopping, enrolling, managing and exchanging benefit information. Headquartered in Charleston, SC, Benefitfocus is a growing company solidly positioned in the 2 trillion dollar healthcare industry. Since its founding in 2000, Benefitfocus has experienced outstanding growth by delivering world-class customer service, providing the best technology available and operating a financially responsible organization.
Benefit Informatics, our subsidiary, is looking for a Sales Director to build market position through lead development, identification and qualification of prospects, presentation, negotiation and closing of new business sales to insurance carriers, administrative service organizations, employers, third party administrators and brokers.
The ability to build relationships with key executives and develop alliances with business partners that result in new business sales
Personally execute sales and business development activities to achieve aggressive new client growth objectives
Thorough understanding of the self insurance health risk model
Establish mutually acceptable customer expectations and financial results.
Develop and execute a strategic sales plan that establishes a strong sales presence for the company
Prospect, negotiate and close new business through direct sales to new clients
Develop distribution channels and third party organizations to further increase new business development.
Achieve sales objectives through innovative approaches to promotion, sponsorship, and client partnerships.
Membership and participation in national industry trade associations and organizations.
Skills and Abilities
* Aggressive new business development ability.
* Compelling sense of urgency and tenacity in meeting objectives.
* Consultative sales experience with proven results meeting new business objectives.
* Exceptional communication and interpersonal skill necessary to effectively communicate at all levels in the organization.
* Ability to present and demonstrate technology based solutions.
* Resourceful self-starter with a high level of intellect, energy and creative thinking.
* Superb negotiation and closing skills.
* Problem analysis and problem resolution skills at both a strategic and functional level.
* Ability to foster teamwork and build relationships.
College degree or equivalent work experience
7-8 years of sales and new business development experience, preferably as an application or software service provider
Industry new business sales experience in claims administration, health insurance, administrative service organizations, benefit services or payroll systems required
Keyword: SaaS, . healthcare, benefits software, , healthcare data analytics, clinical predictive modeling