Sales Engineer - New York
Location: New York, NY
Department: Commercial Sales
Job Code: 1909
# of openings: 1
Sales Engineer – New York
World Wide Technology’s explosive growth has created several new positions including aPresales Engineerposition within our Commercial Sales organization to support enterprise and select clients in the Nee York area.
World Wide Technology, Inc. (WWT) is a leading Systems Integrator and Value Added Reseller providing technology products, services, and supply chain solutions to customers around the globe. The company brings to market a powerful blend of people, processes, and partnerships to help its customers manage the planning, procurement and deployment of IT solutions. WWT’s proven processes span the technology implementation life-cycle as we provide customers with advanced technology solutions, such as Unified Communications, Security, Data Center, Wireless Mobility and ecommerce. Based in St. Louis, MO, WWT works closely with industry leaders, focusing on three market segments; Fortune 500 companies, Service Providers and the Federal Government. The company is also one of the world’s largest Cisco Gold resellers, and was recognized as Cisco’s North American Partner of the Year. Other Strategic OEM Partnerships include; HP, Dell, NetApp, EMC, Citrix, VMware and Sun.WWT employs over 1,700 people, and operates more than 1.3 million square feet of state-of-the-art warehousing, distribution and integration space strategically located throughout the US. In recent news, WWT is proud to announce that it has been named#50 on the 2012 FORTUNE “100 Best Places to Work For®” list.
* Technical Pre-Sales Consulting Systems Engineering.
* Serve as the technical liaison to all supported clients.
* Assist in developing Statements of Work and Bill of Materials
* Network design and architecture
* Attend business appointments with Account Executives.
* Estimate labor hours for Professional Services work.
* 5 – 7 years hand on Cisco experience.
* Experience supporting enterprise network environments, ideally at the Fortune 500 level.
* Strong experience with multiple of the following disciplines: Route/Switch, Unified Communications, Wireless, Security, Datacenters, and Storage.
* Ability to travel up to 25%.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, product demonstration skills, customer service skills, and presentation skills are required.
* CCNP or CCDP required and CCIE is desired.
* Experience with a Cisco Gold Partner is preferred.
Bachelor's Degree OR equivalent experience required
WWT offers excellent benefits, training, and a competitive compensation package. Visit our corporate web site at www.wwt.com for more information.