Title: Securities Lending - Java Developer
Location: US-NY-New York-4 New York Plaza / 02324
The Securities Lending Re-architecture Program (STAR) is a multi-year initiative to provide business advantage while replacing the existing suite of applications with an in-house developed system using service-based architecture techniques.
The Securities Lending business is a global business, trading in over 50 markets and the application must support full front-to-back functionality, including: trade capture and trade maintenance, settlement and clearance, collateral management, asset servicing and fees and billing processing.
The team is global with a team of around 70 based in New York, London, Bournemouth, Delaware and Mumbai. Delivery will be phased with the complete removal of the existing applications scheduled to take 3 years.
The responsibilities of this role include the following :
- Act as primary owner of critical java development tasks within the project.
- Work in a structured approach ensuring that all deadlines are met.
- Take responsibility for unit testing and for ensure that quality is built into the development process.
- Assist in the definition and set up the appropriate development framework for delivering the target architecture.
- Participate in team design discussions to define and refine the target architecture.
- Strong experience of software architecture and development skills in a high pressure, time critical environment.
- In-depth Java development knowledge - core Java, JMS, JNDI, JAXB, JAX-WS, distributed caching.
- Java Swing development experience.
- Familiarity with design patterns.
- Proven experience of multi-tier architectures.
- Exposure to development tools like Hibernate, Ant, Maven, Hudson, Subversion, Eclipse.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to effectively work on multiple streams of work and to organize self and others to deliver in a timely fashion.
- Self starter. High energy.
- Proven database experience - development of procedures and debugging of issues.
- Worked in a structured development environment with experience and interest in agile development techniques - scrum/test driven development/continuous integration.
- Knowledge of Java frameworks - Spring, Hibernate, Rules Engines, Mule, Swing, Mocking frameworks, Tomcat, EJB.
- Java components - Apache commons.
- Demonstrates ownership and takes responsibility for their work
- Consistently displays awareness and sensitivity to the needs of internal clients and external vendors. Proactively ensures these needs are met.
Job: Applications Development