Senior Analyst, External Reporting and Technical Accounting
McGraw-Hill Educationhas an opportunity for aSenior Analyst of External Reporting and Technical Accounting. This position is located inNew York, NY. The Senior Analyst of External Reporting and Technical Accounting will be responsible for supporting the preparation of SEC filings (10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, etc.); reviews of earnings press releases and prepared remarks; and preparation of monthly reporting to senior management, the Board of Directors and the Audit Committee.
* Conducts a detailed review/analysis of financial results; researches the issuance of recently issued accounting pronouncements (GAAP, International Financial Reporting Standards and SEC Regulations) and supporting the determination of impact to the company.
* Prepares quarterly MD&A to be included in Forms 10-Q and/or 10-K; prepares and/reviews footnotes to the financial statements and related supporting documentation to footnotes; prepare and/or review financial statements in the form necessary for external financial reporting and related supporting documentation to the financial statements.
* Supports the finance organization on special projects and the accounting for transactions such as acquisitions.
* Reviews external communications (including, but not limited to, earnings releases, prepared remarks and investor presentations) to ensure consistency with previously filed financial information and conformance with The McGraw-Hill Companies' reporting standards.
* Supports the quarterly and annual external reviews and audit performed by the Company's independent accountants; supports segments and individual business units with various technical accounting matters.
* 4+ years experience in corporate accounting, including a thorough understanding of accounting standards generally accepted in the United States.
* Thorough understanding of SEC reporting requirements.
* Proficiency in financial analysis.
* Ability to exercise independent direction and judgment.
* High degree of problem solving ability and critical thinking.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to interact with senior management.
* Progress toward Certification as a Public Accountant is strongly preferred.
About the Company
McGraw-Hill Educationis a leading innovator in the development of teaching and learning solutions for the 21st century. Through a comprehensive range of traditional and digital education content and tools, McGraw-Hill Education empowers and prepares professionals and students of all ages to connect, learn and succeed in the global economy. McGraw-Hill Education has offices in 33 countries and publishes in more than 65 languages.
The mission ofMcGraw-Hill Educationis to create a smarter, better world through our people, products, and our work in our communities. We are making sure our customers get the information they need to succeed. People who work here want to make sure that happens and see the positive impact of what we do in education. If you possess the above qualifications, and are dynamic, motivated, and passionate about educational publishing, please apply through our online system.
McGraw-Hill Educationis an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please firstname.lastname@example.org your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
NEW YORK, New York, United States