Senior Financial Analyst
McGraw-Hill Professional has an opportunity for a Senior Financial Analyst. This position is located in New York, NY. The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Director of Finance for McGraw-Hill Professional in planning and completing MH Professional's business analysis and financial reporting requirements, providing guidance and insight to the V.P.'s of Sales, Marketing and New Business Development and providing decision support, managing expenses, complying with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements throughout the unit etc.
* Recommend and implement financial data gathering and analysis improvements based on evaluation of current processes, utilizing experience and technological expertise. Support MH Professional's financial planning system requirements.
* Ongoing development of analyses and reports for evaluation of financial performance from relevant viewpoints (for ex. fully allocated product vertical P&L's, Global Professional and Global Medical P&L's).
* Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley; review, assess, document and update all internal controls over essential processes. Update all documentation with current flow charts, commentary and testing customized for the MH Professional business unit where deemed necessary.
* Provide overall support for financial operations and complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
* Monitor and control Sales and Marketing expenses; provide guidance to the V.P.'s of Sales and Marketing in: meeting Professional's current expense goals, estimating and budgeting expenses for DOE and MRP purposes, etc. Research and resolve (with support from FSS and other areas) unusual expense variances.
* Provide analytics to augment decision support in evaluating strategic plans, tactical actions, sales promotions, cost savings opportunities, etc.
* Reconcile specific Balance Sheet accounts, prepare journal entries. Generate closing reports. Participate in closing meetings.
Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field. MBA and/or CPA preferred.
5-7 years of experience in an accounting or financial position.
Strong working knowledge of accounting principles is required to provide accurate financial reports. Knowledge of information systems will facilitate the completion of special projects.
Good system skills are required to generate the various financial reports, design business processes and system requirements.
Ability to make recommendations and influence business decisions.
Forecasting, budgeting and financial modeling experience are needed to generate the analyses and reports required of this position.
Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and internal controls needed to perform the quarterly assessments.
* Publishing industry experience preferred.
About the Company
McGraw-Hill Professional, a division of McGraw-Hill Education, is recognized for publishing the most respected and well-known works in a wide range of books, digital platforms and products.
McGraw-Hill Education, a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies, is a leading innovator in the development of teaching and learning solutions for the 21st century. Through a comprehensive range of traditional and digital education content and tools, McGraw-Hill Education empowers and prepares professionals and students of all ages to connect, learn and succeed in the global economy. McGraw-Hill Education has offices in 33 countries and publishes in more than 65 languages.
The McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE: MHP) is a Fortune500 corporation with over 20,000 global employees and over 10,000 U.S. employees. Around the world, McGraw-Hill provides people with the information and insights they need to adapt and grow in changing times. Our business spans the fields of financial services, education, and business information with leading brand names such as Standard & Poor''s, McGraw-Hill Education, Platts, and J.D. Power & Associates. By working together with our customers and partners, these brands are laying the foundation for a smarter, better world.
The McGraw-Hill Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
NEW YORK, New York, United States