Title: Sr. Manager, Internal Communications
Location: US-NY-New York
The Senior Manager role has direct responsibility for producing and executing internal communication plans, programs and activities for S&P Capital IQ.
* Provide project-management and tactical support on communications projects and initiatives
* Program development and management - development of programs to support initiatives and projects
* Ability to effectively coordinate with other departments and individuals outside of department (HR, Sales and Operations, Marketing, Compliance, Strategy and Business Development, etc.)
* Identification of success metrics and accountabilities
* Develop content and messaging
* Identify and articulate engaging and persuasive messages, the ability to synthesize information to create a coherent and cogent point of view
* Manage events and logistics
* Help in creating agendas, managing invitation lists, developing invitations, liaisoning with technical and support staff to ensure overall quality events
* Manage publishing and distribution of content through multiple channels - electronic, print, new media, etc.
* Partner and coordinate with key stakeholders
* Effectively communicate, coordinate activities and partner with a wide variety of personnel across the company; ability to negotiate and work within a large and complex organization
* 3-7 Years of experience
* Knowledge of communications, public relations or marketing tactics and experience in this field is critical
* College degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or Journalism preferred.
* Experience in the financial services industry
* Project management skills - ability to work independently and execute projects and tasks in a timely fashion
* Attention to detail
* Outstanding oral and written skills - including excellent writing and editing skills
* Strong logistics and events management skills
* Presentation development, including experience with PowerPoint
Regular full-time employees of The McGraw-Hill Companies routinely receive the following benefits:
* Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Flexible spending accounts with company contribution
* 401K with company matching, long-term and annual incentives, stock purchase program
* Many work/life benefits such as low-cost emergency child- and elder-care, parental leave for birth or adoption, flexible work arrangements, volunteer opportunities, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and much more
About the Company
Working at S&P Capital IQ, a subsidiary of McGraw-Hill Financial, offers you the best of both worlds: an agile and exciting environment intently focused on the future -- backed by 150 years of market wisdom from Standard & Poor's. We attract smart, results-oriented thinkers looking for an open, dynamic, and challenging work environment.
S&P Capital IQdelivers in-depth intelligence across asset classes and capital structures to more than 4,200 institutions, wealth managers and investment advisors around the world. Built on the 150-year heritage of Standard & Poor's, S&P Capital IQ brings together key capabilities in research, strategy, evaluation, analysis, data solutions and risk mitigation under one roof. A client-centric firm, S&P Capital IQ has the institutional fortitude of over $1 billion in annual revenue, yet is nimble enough to respond to any client request with a customized, real-world solution.
The McGraw-Hill Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
Job Type: Marketing/Communications