VP, Banking Complinace Specialist
City New York
Business Area Global Compliance
Contract Type Permanent
Estimated published end date
Barclays is a major global financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, and wealth and investment management. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
As a leading global wealth and investment manager, Barclays provides international and private banking, wealth planning, trust and fiduciary services, investment management, brokerage services and research to private and intermediary clients across the world. Additionally our clients benefit from access to the breadth of personal, corporate and investment banking expertise across Barclays, one of the largest financial services groups in the world.
Our mission is to set a new standard in wealth management by understanding our clients better than anyone else. In pursuit of this objective, we hire and develop only the best people in the industry. We look for talented, tenacious individuals who seek opportunities for self-improvement and career progression. Our long-term agenda can only be achieved through close collaboration and a shared sense of empathy, integrity and trust.
It is the policy of Barclays Capital to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Candidate will review bank entities, the bank holding company, related businesses and support areas to assess Compliance with federal, state, and company banking laws, policies, rules and procedures. Responsible for monitoring residential mortgage lending as well as securities based lending activities, deposits and transactional banking within Barclays Wealth. Residential mortgage lending, securities based lending together with deposits and transactional banking for clients represent one of our key drivers to acquire and retain client relationships. Residential financing will be available only in the United States.
Core accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
* Responsible for internal/external audits, managing the USA patriot Act of 2001, BSA, reviews advertising and promotional brochures and documents. This would include compliance with Regulations B, E, Q, T, U, Z, FCRA, RESPA, CRA and HMDA. The Officer must possess a thorough knowledge of compliance laws and regulations as they apply to a federal financial institution including rules pertaining to consumer privacy laws as well.
* Regulatory Risk Management.
* Responsible for preparing, facilitating and summarizing any and all regulatory and internal audit reviews. Candidate expected to be forward thinking and suggest procedures and policies designed to prevent regulatory exposure.
* BA/BS degree
* 8+ years of experience at a bank regulator such as the Federal Reserve, OCC, FDIC, or in a regulatory compliance or business capacity within a bank
* 4+ years of experience consisting of an in-depth background in bank administration and compliance.
* Ability to analyze complex situations, provide guidance and make recommendations, and/or escalate issues to appropriate levels of management
* Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, speak clearly to customers and employees
* Candidate should be detail oriented with excellent research and decision-making ability, self-motivated and possess the ability to work with minimal supervision
Click here to apply for this job
Email these job details to a friend
Back to search results