Job Title Vice President, Enterprise Portfolio Management Office
Business Segment Operations and Technical Services
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. Comcast Corporation owns a controlling 51% interest in NBCUniversal, with GE holding a 49% stake.
It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal''s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Career Level Experienced
City New York
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces New York
Country United States
Responsibilities The Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO) within O&TS will be responsible for providing governance and structure to the multiple programs and projects utilizing O&TS and NBCUniversal resources. The VP, Enterprise Portfolio Management Office will be responsible for the creation and development of the EPMO, which is currently in start-up mode," and will require strategic vision, as well as, significant hands-on involvement to build the group.
The VP, EPMO will have overall responsibility for building and leading the EPMO organization across all business units within O&TS, including Universal Studios Operations, West Coast Technical Operations, Information Technology, Media Products & Advanced Technology, Business Services, News Production & Field Operations, East Coast Technical Operations, and International O&TS. He/she will build and manage a team of Strategic Business Partners (SBPs), who will be integrated and aligned with the O&TS business units. The individual will need to be flexible, often times operating in varying strategic and tactical roles while the group is being developed. He/she will provide support and guidance to the SBP's, including managing all phases of the EPMO governance structure, designing, implementing and improving upon existing EPMO processes, and driving project accountability and benefits realization. The VP, EPMO will report to the O&TS CFO, while ensuring alignment to the O&TS President and Business Leaders.
* Assure program/project alignment to the Company's strategic objectives and O&TS long range plan
* Ensure transparency and consistency in reporting and stakeholder management, and act as the central point to the Company and Department for enterprise-wide strategic portfolio management.
* Drive stakeholder alignment around scope and program/project objectives on a monthly basis to ensure spend delivers projected benefit to the business.
* Facilitate monthly EPMO Steering Committee meetings to assess general health of programs/projects and facilitate resolution of issues, risks, and roadblocks.
* Provide governance and prioritization to programs and projects that are competing for Company and Departmental resources.
* Act as a support organization for business leaders and project managers in achieving the program and project objectives, including maintaining standards, best practices and delivery tools.
* Provide assistance in deploying resources to help achieve projected benefits of the program or project or project charter.
* Build, establish and lead O&TS EPMO organization, including ensuring EPMO methodologies and practices are developed and updated, and key stakeholders needs are met.
* Partner with O&TS Business Units to deliver key programs to support NBCU''s strategic objectives and long range plan.
* Deploy EPMO methodologies and playbook" across O&TS to effectively manage the project request process and ongoing health-checks of the strategic portfolio
* Lead monthly EPMO Steering Committee meetings to assess general health of programs/projects and facilitate resolution of issues, risks and roadblocks.
* Work closely with EPMO Steering Committee and stakeholders to evaluate and prioritize program/projects within the POR (Plan of Record).
* Develop strong stakeholder relationships with business leaders. This includes working closely with O&TS business units and NBCU business owners.
* Possess staffing accountability, including recruitment and retention, leadership, professional development, and performance management. Establish EPMO career path.
* Monitor and stay current of technological, legal and operational changes that affect the activities and work processes of the portfolio.
* Bachelor's Degree (Business, Engineering) with Masters Degree strongly preferred
* Minimum of 10 years of professional corporate experience
* At least 5 years of demonstrated experience leading cross-functional/matrix organizations in the successful completion of assigned deliverables
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in a leadership position in a large complex, dynamic and technical environment
* 3+ years of experience leading capital projects using PM rigor
* 5+ years experience understanding operations and technical lifecycle processes, procedures, and tools
* Minimum of 3 years experience leading and presenting technical information in face-to-face presentations to varied audiences; including executive management
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in a governance organization
* Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: 8288BR)
* Willingness to travel and work overtime
* Must be willing to work in New York
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
* Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
* Must be 18 years or older
* Desired experience includes leading innovation projects in the media, technology, or construction industries
* PMP, advanced degrees or other certifications a plus