Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Engineer Associate - Embedded Software
Apply technical expertise in the support of software development and sustainment of space operations capability.
Provide technical software engineering support for:
- satellite payload or bus software tools
- space vehicle telemetry trending and analysis tools
- assessment of operational capability via flight software analysis
- flight software working groups and reviews
- validation and verification of new flight software and enhancements
Maintain Software Test Benches including:
- engineering modeling hardware
- supporting models and simulations and interfacing systems
- status updates and presentations
- training materials as required in support of new software and enhancements
- analysis tools
- software test plans
- software integration and delivery plans
Perform training of space vehicle operators as required.
Project a Ball Aerospace presence in the marketplace through quality customer interaction and responsive engineering solutions.
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science is strongly preferred. Related fields will be considered if applicant has a strong background in math, science, and technical applications and strong software development experience. Some related experience is a plus.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
Highly Desired Skills:
- Strong coding skills and experience with Ruby, C or C++
Must be able to travel as position is required to deliver products and services at multiple work sites.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher level degree may substitute for two years of related experience. Related experience may be considered in lieu of education.-,-,-,-,-,
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V