Title: Citi Transaction Services-Apps Dev Group Manager-SVP
This person will oversee the end-to-end application development activities for a suite of global, enterprise-scale Internet applications supporting a rapidly-growing business in Transaction Services.
The individual will be responsible for managing all aspects of application development, from requirements definition through testing and deployment, using a range of current technologies such as distributed systems, Java, .NET, relational databases and messaging middleware. The individual will oversee the work of multiple project managers and project teams working concurrently on delivering key business functions and infrastructure capabilities.
* Oversee the requirements definition, design, coding and testing activities of the application development team; optimize and balance on-site/in-house functions vs. off-shore/outsourced functions.
* Oversee on-time, quality delivery of projects; track project progress, issues, risks and opportunities, communicate effectively with stakeholders.
* Partner with Product and other functional partners to align technology activities with business priorities. Manage effective and efficient allocation of resources and priority to projects.
* Closely manage financial performance of the unit, using accurate forecasting and close tracking to stay on budget
* Partner with application development teams to create and track plans to reduce and eliminate operational risk from the production environments by eliminating manual processes and chronic failures.
Key factors for success in this role include:
* Refining and implementing processes to ensure application design and coding are consistently done to high engineering standards
* Ensuring a strong testing practice, with focus on continuous improvement of effectiveness and efficiency of functional testing, regression testing and load/performance testing
* Driving application architecture decisions to meet tactical and long-term goals of the business; partnering with Architecture team to align application architecture decisions with broader organizational architecture roadmap
* Establishing a trusted relationship with Product, Operations and other functional partners
* Building a best-in-class application development team; guide and mentor the team to maximize their performance
* Employing a metrics-based discipline to measure the quality, timeliness and cost of software delivered by the unit
* Taking a leadership role in ensuring that the applications adhere to the highest standards of information security
* 15 years within an application development and application development management background
* Experience running development organizations with responsibilities for multiple large-scale, mission critical web-based applications, such as payment systems, trading systems, and/or credit card systems.
* Experience overseeing multiple simultaneous high-priority, business-critical projects; strong project management skills
* Experience working in Java, .NET and relational database environments on mid-range/Unix and Wintel platforms
* Demonstrated success in defining process and enforcing adoption amongst senior-level managers.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to build trusted relationships with functional partners, peers, management and subordinates.