Title: Process Safety Management Coordinator - Ashland Inc.
In more than 100 countries, the people of Ashland Inc. (NYSE: ASH) provide the specialty chemicals, technologies and insights to help customers create new and improved products for today and sustainable solutions for tomorrow. Our chemistry is at work every day in a wide variety of markets and applications, including architectural coatings, automotive, construction, energy, food and beverage, personal care, pharmaceutical, tissue and towel, and water treatment.
Visit www.ashland.com to see the innovations we offer through our four commercial units - Ashland Specialty Ingredients, Ashland Water Technologies, Ashland Performance Materials and Ashland Consumer Markets.
This position will be based in Wayne, NJ
As Process Safety Management Coordinator, you will provide process safety leadership, functional expertise and direct assistance to globalAshlandsupporting efforts that demonstrate a visible commitment to process safety and operational integrity.
Specific duties will include, but are not limited to:
· Evaluating the depth of process safety competencies withinAshlandoperations and establishing programs to assure process safety compliance is effectively and consistently managed, globally.
· Educating senior and line management on their roles in process safety management.
· Working with the process safety manager and operational safety to develop and implement process safety and PSM practices.
· Providing oversight for the expansion of process safety withinAshlandwith emphasis on elevating PS to a central role within operations and cementing process safety as a core value.
· Championing process safety within commercial unit and supply chain management contacts and Operational Safety.
· Participating in the development of process safety training.
· As needed, providing subject matter expertise in the areas of process safety and PSM (e.g. PHA/LOPA.)
· As needed, providing support in process safety auditing and incident investigation and analysis.
· Participating in Safety Services departmental safety & health programs.
Successful candidates will have the following:
* A relevant science/ safety/ engineering degree is required. Additional formal safety certification (e.g. CSP) or engineering (PE) considered a plus.
* 10 years experience in managing safety/ health programs in the chemical manufacturing industry - facility (single & multi-site) experience required; corporate-level experience a strong plus.
* Strong working knowledge of process safety OSHA 1910.119 and international process safety regulations/standards preferred.
* Leadership skills, including a demonstrated aptitude to work with teams and motivate others
* Excellent written and oral communications and organizational skills are a must.
* Positive attitude and solidanalytical skills are desired plus the successful candidate should be willing to remain well connected via e-mail and other electronic communication tools.
* Excellent computer skills are required with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Lotus Notes.
* Must be willing to travel a minimum of 20-40%, domestic and internationally.
* Candidates must be authorized to work in theUnited States.
**This job is based on a ladder structure and the job level (salary) will be determined by the quantity and quality of your experience
Ashlandhas a history of attracting the best people and keeping them. The reasons are simple: industry competitive salary and benefits, pay-for-performance incentive plans and a diverse work environment where employees feel challenged and valued. People come toAshlandand stay. As a growing Fortune 500 specialty chemicals company, we offer opportunities for development and advancement throughout our global organization. Our values define who we are and what we care about as a company. If you are looking for a relationship with a company instead of simply a job, this may be a great fit.
Ashlandis proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please select the Apply button provided below. If no Apply button is provided, please copy and paste the URL below into your address bar. This will take you toAshland'sCareerCenter. Once there, enter jobENV00043in the Keyword Search field to find this posting and apply online.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have a signed recruiting agreement in place to fill a specific position.