The Senior Research Scientist will conduct innovative system-oriented research and develop proof-of-concept prototype systems, generally by leveraging state-of-the-art research techniques, enhancing such techniques, to attain project goals with a small team of collaborators. This particular position demands understanding of recent research and industrial advance in the area of trusted computing, Android mobile phone systems, and/or knowledge and expertise in cloud computing.
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields
• Strong networking protocol background such as TCP/IP and DHCP
• Strong programming in common programming and scripting languages, such as C, C , Java, Python, and Shell scripting languages
• Well above average understanding and hands-on skills in Unix-family operating systems (e.g., Unix, Linux)
• Strong oral communication skills
• Team work spirit and skills
• Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields
• Strong presentation skills
• Strong research paper writing skills
• Computer networking and wireless communication networking research experience
• Passion for system-oriented research
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applied Communication Sciences is Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or other protected characteristic. Applied Communication Sciences is an E-Verify Employer. EEO/MF/DV/AA.
Assist senior researchers and/or project managers to conduct research in computer and communication systems. Responsibilities include architecture, design, implementation, debugging, performance evaluation, paper/proposal/document writing, and presentation of research findings.