Major Duties & Functions
The Senior Scientist must be able to perform and lead applied and fundamental research in one or more key areas for secure and dependable software-intensive systems, including: secure computation, cryptography, information security, privacy, computer network defense, program analysis, virtualization, and other key software technologies for the next generation of mission-critical distributed systems
The Senior Scientist will have significant responsibilities for consulting for external clients, business development, and leadership in his or her technical area.
Qualifications You Must Have
* Ph.D. in Computer Science with 5 years professional experience, or equivalent demonstrated via experience and leadership record
* Substantial research experience in Computer Science and a publication record
* Substantial experience in experimental systems research
* Ability to learn, use, and extend new software and networking tools quickly
* Experience with information security, networks, middleware, and productivity tools
* Knowledge and experience with C/C±±, Java and scripting languages in a Linux/Unix or Windows environment
* Substantial experience understanding, implementing, and modifying complex software systems
* Significant project leadership experience
* Must be authorized to work in the US and currently have or be able to obtain a US security clearance at the collateral secret level or higherAdditional Qualifications
Must be able to work independently or with a team to support applied and fundamental research in secure and dependable system technologies. Must also have the demonstrated ability to work with external clients and develop significant business opportunities. Must be articulate and capable of proposing and defending approaches and solutions to demanding customers.
Provides leadership in defining and pursuing research and development projects of significant complexity, requiring considerable originality and ingenuity. Problems, opportunities and issues are challenging, unstructured and ground breaking. Acts as a valued technical consultant to Research Technology and Program Managers and Executive Directors. Typically has a Ph.D.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applied Communication Sciences is Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or other protected characteristic. Applied Communication Sciences is an E-Verify Employer. EEO/MF/DV/AA.