(18404 120th Avenue NE)
18404 120th Avenue NE
»See all jobs at this location
As a Starbucks Barista, you will create the Starbucks Experience for our customers by providing legendary customer service with prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment.
You will be responsible for modeling and acting in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles and best of all, you’ll be part of a company that is consistently rated as a great place to work and the people here love what they do.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
* Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks.
* Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
* Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
* Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the Third Place environment during each shift.
* Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
* Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
* Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer. Discovers and responds to customer needs.
* Follows Starbucks operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift. Maintains a clean and organized workspace so that partners can locate resources and product as needed.
* Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
* Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
* Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational methods.
Summary of Experience
* No previous experience required
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Ability to learn quickly
* Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Ability to build relationships
* Constant standing/walking
* Occasional stooping, kneeling or crawling
* Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 40 lbs
* Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps
* Constant computer/POS Register and bar equipment usage
* Frequent, continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine
* Constant reaching, turning, and performing precision work around bar area
* Constant receiving detailed information through oral communication
* Constant talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
* Occasional Distinguishing, with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities in intensity or quality of flavors and/or odors
* Constant clarity of vision at near and/or far distances