Location:Redmond, WA, US
Creators and owners of user experiences have a myriad of choices on how best to deliver and reach their beloved users.
Should it be an app? Native or web based? What about mobile? What about the living room? Which language? What about HTML5? What about users of older technologies and software?
Experience owners have a plethora of decisions to make. Each decision impacts the fine balance between a rich user experience and an experience that reaches enough users. A poor decision now can potentially limit the options to reach future users.
We on the Windows + Internet Explorer team feel strongly that an interoperable rich and reach" future is one based on standards. HTML5 is baked into our modern browsers and is now a core part of the Windows operating system. This standards based approach to rich and reach" offers a number of opportunities for experience owners to reach their full potential of users while delighting each user with an appropriately rich experience.
We are looking for someone to help us.
- Meet face-to-face with developers (and the sites they work for) who service consumer users to.
o Understand what they are doing to reach and delight their users
o Understand the business and technical challenges they face in servicing their users
o Share our views of an inclusive, interoperable and standards-based web
o Help them more effectively reach their users and provide a rich experience
- Bring balance to the web consciousness" by.
o Sharing with them the actual pains and challenges being faced by the common user and the developers working hard to service them
o Establishing a cooperative bridge to influentials in this space and offer them a hand (and vice versa) in moving the web and standards forward
- Ultimately, bring ideas back to the Windows + IE team on how we can better service our beloved users and the developers hard at work behind the scenes building them a better experience
- Find and rally others to do the same and help move standards based, interoperable experiences forward
Our views of the ideal candidate.
- Is a known web influential or (at a minimum) has been there" in providing rich experience to users while balancing the challenges of reach
- Has street cred (or street cred potential) with influencers, BDMs, TDMs and developers
- Is extremely knowledgeable through first-hand experience with the user" and the sites who aim to delight them
- Can travel (50-75% of time)
- Smart, technical, ninja-like
- Critical thinker, can communicate their message effectively
- Not pompous - truly respectful of others, our beloved users and the developers hard at work servicing them
- Always open to new ideas and new perspectives
- Sincere interest in this space to a point it becomes almost spiritual